• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Opinions on LED accents

saratoga

Unpaid Help
Reaction score
My Buell has a bunch of transluscent red plastic on it and I got the idea to put some small LED clusters under the airbox cover and possibly some red accents shining down on the engine controlled by a separate switch in case it isn't too well received by an ornery LEO.

I think the airbox would look good lit up with a soft glow at night, not too sure on the accents shining down on the engine however.

Anyone's thoughts? I don't want it to look riced out.

I think it would look good.

IMO you can't go Overboard with LED's on a Bike. As long as they aren't all Multi-Colored and such. Other than that, I think it looks good.

Check this place out, they'll prob. have everything you're looking for: http://www.oznium.com/

My old RK had blue leds. Got all favorable comments, none unfavorable. Wound up putting purples on my buddys FLHX and I got Blue orderd for my new FLHX.

A buddy with a $35k pure custom chopper hates me because I'd leave the lights on when we park at a bar or whatever, and women (and some guys) will walk around his chopper to look at my RK.

had one run in with a young LEO that didnt understand the legality of my lights. In MO they are legal in any color as long as you do not have any red or blue visible from the front. I educated him :D

I get mine from www.customdynamics.com Best prices and service anywhere.

Crappy cell phone cam pics of the lights off and on: (notice the front wheel lit up too)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Tim

Attachments

• glowoff1.jpg
    glowoff1.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 35
  • glowon1.jpg
    glowon1.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 36
I like the LED's on a bike.:smile5:

I have 98 blue LED's on my Fatboy. I have never been hasseled by the law. They do not distract me riding at night and make it easier for others to notice me. I get lots of complements on them.

That said, my lights being blue are illegal in GA.

I will put LED's on the Road Glide when I get it. Not sure which color, but am leaning to blue again.

Back