• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Oil in my fuel??

abumariah

Reaction score
Does anybody on here put New (not used) motor oil in their fuel as an additive to lubricate the fuel system?

Cheapest stuff you can find.

Yep.

It will lengthen the life of your injectio pump, and you wont beelieve how smooth and quiet your engine will sound.

These pumps were not designed to run the Ultra Low Sulfer Diesel.

The sulfer was lubricity.

Nowadays diesel at teh pumps is dry. OUr old IP's don't like it. Lube it up!

0.5 oz of 2-stroke per gallon, that puts it around 1:256.

2-stroke is easier to burn than straight oil.

Like said, non detergent SAE30 or TCW3 2-stroke/cycle oil. cheapest stuff available, perhaps in large containers at Wal-Mart or dollar store. dont need special penzoil brand or the more costly "performance" 2-cycle oils.

26 gallon tank 1/2 to 3/4 quart. 34 gallon tank 3/4 to 1 quart.

I've made a habit of 5% biodiesel blends. If it's available where you're at it's a great lubricity supplement and 5% doesn't make much of a hit on mileage or clean your fuel system too fast. Here in the Portland and Seattle areas it's the popular political blend and is sold at 76, Safeways, and all stations in Multnomah County.

what about regular veggie oil? (not WVO) it's cheaper than motor oil or 2 stroke...

IIRC, VO still has water in it.

For me, Bio is good but there is none around where I live. The closest one used to be about 60 miles away and it closed down.

I use 2 stroke and power service in every tank.

Like stated above you need some kind of extra lubrication in your fuel for the IP.

Back