• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

OBS Banks 6.2L Sidewinder Project

dixiepc

Reaction score
Gotcha, I was interested in his exhaust manifolds and crossover pipe and how they worked out. Do you know if he's still running those with a different turbo?

n8in8or

I never met a project I didn’t like
Reaction score
Gotcha, I was interested in his exhaust manifolds and crossover pipe and how they worked out. Do you know if he's still running those with a different turbo?
He sold the truck a couple years ago. I don’t think the guy that bought it is on here.

DieselAmateur

Diesel or Bust
Reaction score
You can still get the pass side manifold from Banks, and the other van/ hummer manifold too. I've been meaning to do this upgrade for ages (along with many other projects) and just haven't had the time for the custom fabrication of the crossover under the front of the engine. It seems to me that this is the best alternative to the factory crossover with the exception of a centermount setup

MrMarty51

Reaction score
You can still get the pass side manifold from Banks, and the other van/ hummer manifold too. I've been meaning to do this upgrade for ages (along with many other projects) and just haven't had the time for the custom fabrication of the crossover under the front of the engine. It seems to me that this is the best alternative to the factory crossover with the exception of a centermount setup

Link to summit, in the manifold description, says unavailable. 😩

DieselAmateur

Diesel or Bust
Reaction score
Yep I called Banks directly with the part number and ordered direct from them. Something of a panic buy as they were discontinuing the whole sidewinder kit this spring, and I didn't know if just the manifold itself would be available anymore. Everything is being discontinued in the times of Covid it seems

n8in8or

I never met a project I didn’t like
Reaction score
Yep I called Banks directly with the part number and ordered direct from them. Something of a panic buy as they were discontinuing the whole sidewinder kit this spring, and I didn't know if just the manifold itself would be available anymore. Everything is being discontinued in the times of Covid it seems
Just curious, was it the same price as Summit?

DieselAmateur

Diesel or Bust
Reaction score
I think so, although at the time it was maybe a little cheaper $351 rings a bell for some reason. I also may have called Summit and they told me the part was discontinued, which was an error on their part as they didn't know the difference between a part and a kit. I'd imagine the price would be the same if coming directly from the supplier.