• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

O-ringing the block

SnowDrift

Ultra Conservative. ULTRA!
Reaction score
I'm trying to learn about the subject title. I've only heard about it and ready very little. It looks like Quadstar has a tool for the job, but I didn't understand until recently what it even was. Is there a downside to this process?

Is there a concern from dissimilar metals in contact with one another, with the copper touching the metal of the block & head? How is galvanic corrosion mitigated with this type of setup? Some use stainless steel for these rings, as I've seen.

Since this is a consideration, is it safe to say that a gasket isn't already made with this type of feature integrated for our particular engines?

Here is a thread where it is discussed, but a search didn't turn up much information on it. Perhaps there are different terms some use for the same idea?

Here is the article I ran across when I was first trying to learn about it a couple months back:

This describes the process in the event someone is unfamiliar like I was (although I am still learning):

Back