• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

No start

Tommygun126

Reaction score
I have a 95 with a no start issue. It appears to not be getting fuel. I have basically replaced every component of the fuel system and the pcm. The past two times that I have not been able to start have been after an all day rain. And it starts after about two days. Could it be a bad ground?

Since he posted in 6.5 section, hoping a 6.5.

Turn on key and crack open the water in fuel drain and sample a pint for contamination. Let it settle for about an hour to see.

Replace the return line on front of the ip with clear tubing available at any hardware store. 1/4” diameter about 6” long piece. Get 2 screw style hose clamps for it. Then you can see fuel id flowing through the ip properly and look for a trail of bubbles. 1 trapped pea sized bubble is ok. But a trail means air being sucked in and needs fixing.

A fuel pressure gauge with the “T” at the ip inlet is your best friend. Knowing you have pressure needed for rhe starting right now in diagnosing obviously would help. But a dash mounted permanent gauge will tell you when the lift pump is dying or dead which quickly ruins the expensive injector pump too.

If you remove an injector line at the injector, does it spit any fuel while cranking?

What parts have you replaced?
Tell us what you have done so far including the brand of the part using as replacement.

When you said, not getting fuel.
At what point have you checked? fuel filter or Injection Pump/Injector?

Have the batteries been load tested one at a time? Not Voltage but Load.

Last edited:
Could also be a bad connection with the fuse for the "fuel shut off solenoid" (fsos) in the under hood fuse panel. you would get a code 13.

Back