• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

No Fuel at Injectors

Suburban K2500

Reaction score
Referred here by Matt Bachand at The Diesel Place. When I bought truck in 2003 it was all stock or OEM replacements 150,000 miles. Sept 07 Head gasket leak, had heads redone & added all mods with old PMD. A month ago went to start, idled up to around 3000 RPM's & shut right down, 4 times or so. I was checking wires with key on & smoke was coming from PMD & Heat-Sync. I got new PMD, Oil Pump Switch, & Lift Pump Relay. While down, replaced valve cover gaskets. Took off Turbo, Intake, Inner fender well. Installed new parts, & now I don't have Fuel at Injectors?? Tried unplugging Optical Sensor, & Crank Sensor, but still no fuel. First time read codes, flashed 12 once, & then 62 continually. Second time only 62 continually?? Fuel from bleeder on fuel filter shuts up to windshield after oil pressure builds up from cranking. Fuel Shut-Off Solenoid is working. I think I Messed up a wire or something??

Marc

Bought new from SSdiesel, Installed on there Heat-Sync on the manifold with ground to IP & heat-sync(used heat-sync tube provided). The CPS checks out with Chilton manual. Thanks for reply.

Marc

DTC 62= Turbo Boost Sensor Circut Low. Doubt that is your no fuel problem. Smoke coming from the PMD makes me wonder if a wire or the plug could be damaged. Maybe check for bent pin also on PMD. This is going to sounds stupid but gotta start somewhere you said fuel at bleeder on filter but how bout at inlet on IP ?. Also are gound wires on back of engine good ? If any of those are broken it may not work. The DTC 62 will need to be addressed but need to find out why no fuel first. PMD on the intake bad idea. Too much heat will kill it but since you ddin't even get to run the truck with it probably not it. Might consider moving under the truck after you get the no fuel problem resolved.

Wires check out, continuity wise. Optical sensor filter harness wire A shows 1.2 ohm's, the rest read 0?? No bent pins in PMD. Fuel shoots out of inlet hose at IP after oil pressure from cranking. pulled return line, it doesn't shoot out, but it runs out after LP kicks on?? Replaced both ground wires & installed top post batteries and cables in Sept. when did heads & mods. Checked cables There tight??

put the groundwire back on the IP where it belongs. it must be there. ssdiesel is wrong when they say to move it to the heatsink. i'd say either remote that PMD and heatsink out of the engine bay or get a heath kit as it sounds like that PMD is already dead/dying if you've got no fuel to the injectors at all.

put the groundwire back on the IP where it belongs. it must be there. ssdiesel is wrong when they say to move it to the heatsink. i'd say either remote that PMD and heatsink out of the engine bay or get a heath kit as it sounds like that PMD is already dead/dying if you've got no fuel to the injectors at all.

I was thinking that but wasn't sure what he meant with tube supplied etc. Dave is right. Ground must be on IP where it belongs no matter who's kit you use.

Maybe I got the chain of events wrong here re reading. Did you replace the PMD with Walts kit when you did the headgasket etc or before. If it's been mounted on the intake for awhile it could be dead.

PMD is new (SSDiesel 1 year warranty), motor never started since installed. Old one grounded to heat-sync. New one has original ground wire on heat-sync with a heavier gage jumper wire to the top of IP. The tube was the compound for between PMD & Heat-Sync, sorry about that. The old PMD was mounted on intake with Walt's Heat-Sync. After 4 years & 45,000 miles since I owned it. Don't now how long it was on before I got it.

Thanks, Marc

That's what I thought I read . Unlikely IMO that a brand new one is dead. If you had a spare laying around to try for the heck of it I'd say yeah why not but I wouldn't gamble 300$ on it being bad.
Gonna have to go with wiring. If you have good fuel pressure right at the IP inlet then either the pumps dead or PMD dead or wiring problem. Those are about the only 3 I can think of. PMD is brand new. That smoke coming from PMD thing is strill really bothering me. I know these things go bad from heat but I don't remember ever hearing about one on fire so it makes me wonder what else could have freid with it. This is where we need one of the pros to chime in. Wondering if it could have fried the ECM ???

Aces,
Smoking bothered me too! Checked out all wiring from main 3 harnesses at back of engine, & glow plug controller to were they end to Chilton & Haynes manuals. Does anyone now what the company is that is selling "used tested good" PMD's for $60?? I saw it while on one of the sponsored web sites, & now I can't find it? At this point it looks like either PMD witch is new or IP?? Still rather blow $60 before $1000. Thanks for the help!

Marc

No, it was on one of the 6.5TD web sites. They said they tested on running 6.5's. They were saying cheap way of finding out if yours was bad or not. They did not say they would last, just work.

Marc

K25 PM me your info I think I have a old one (working for test) pay the freight there & back you can borrow it, & yes they can be bad out of the box, you know you should have bought a Heath :biggrin5:

Thanks for the offer Turbine. Found someone close in MD with 6.5 that sounds like his PCM is going bad? Will try my new one on his truck to see if it works? Thanks everyone for all the help will let you know what I find out. Anyone use dieselcare.net, that's were the USED PCM is for $69.95??

Marc

Thanks for the offer Turbine. Found someone close in MD with 6.5 that sounds like his PCM is going bad? Will try my new one on his truck to see if it works? Thanks everyone for all the help will let you know what I find out. Anyone use dieselcare.net, that's were the USED PCM is for $69.95??

Marc
Any PMD that was installed on a pump is likely to fail. It may work for test purposes but you are trying to diagnos a problem and going that route is sort of like trying to find the bad bulb on a string of xmas tree lights. How many times you go trying different sockets before you realize the bulb your testing with is bad as well as a bad one on the string ? Btter to start with a new or known good one. A few guys bought them from that guy and said they worked but...that was for spares for a working truck. I think Walt gives a 1 yr warranty on his did you contact him about replacement ? Also if time is on your side try your PMD on someones 6.5 that runs. If they are running an extension cable it's 2 seconds to try it. If you want to mail it to me I'll test it for you.

Thanks for input. I was just looking for the fastest way to see if possibly NEW PMD was bad, or if the Inj. Pump just all of the sudden stopped pumping.

Marc

Last I read this post was a few days ago and didn't think I could add anything. I just read through everything 2 x's and you may have done this but I can't see where you posted that you did it or that anyone asked the question. Did you switch out the thing-a-ma-gig inside the pmd? I am drawing a blank right now as to what it is. Oh the resistor I think.

Back