• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New to the LML world. Have ?s

vegtech

WVO Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I have been a 6.5 guy for years then got an LB7. Loved that so much I went out and bought myself an all stock 11 GMC 2500 crew with 68k.

Now obviously the DEF/EGR have to go asap and I have been looking into delete kits and welcome any opinions. I was on H&S website (mobile) and under "contact us" it only list an email address. I'm not Keene on a company that won't answer a phone call. I just wanted to call and have someone listen to what I do with my truck and what I want from it, then tell me what products they recommend.

My other questions is.....Do the 11s tell you on the DIC that it is in Regen? How do I know when it is? I have put about 800 miles on it and haven't noticed any change.

Sent from my HTC6515LVW using Tapatalk

You won't find a phone number for H&S because they are out of business, have been for some time now. And they haven't sold delete kits for about 2 1/2 years now in the US. For delete tuning on an LML, there is only a handful of places that do it, and they ALL use EFILIVE to do it with. So unless you find a used H&S that is unlocked and capable of doing a delete(and spending more for it used than it sold for new), you will have to contact an EFILIVE tuner that does them.

I can tell you PPEI(LA TUNING), and RIDGERUNNER DIESEL both sell "race only" tuning for the LML's. Theres a couple others that offer it as well, but one of them is north of the border, and the other one I refuse to send any business to or do any business with.

Wow I never would have guessed they were out of business.....not by the website and all the people selling them. I'm not doubting you.

Wow I never would have guessed they were out of business.....not by the website and all the people selling them. I'm not doubting you.

THE EPA fined em and shut em down. When the 2nd round of the EPA hit them, they just shut the doors. There was announcement about it not to long back. ALOT of people bought the delete tuners that were left, and were buying the ones from north of the border to resell in the states, the EPA caught on and that was pretty much that. That and the EPA made them offer to buy back ALL of the delete tuners they ever sold in the US for full retail price, so there was no way they could remain.

That sucks. They had some nice numbers on the rollers.

I wouldn't take any chances, I would go straight to PPEI and have them do it. http://ppei.com/collections/gm-duramax His are some really good tunes, and there is also Tony at RIDGERUNNER diesel. I beleive he does exchanged ECM's as well. Either shop can set you up and tell you everything you need to do it right, and set you up with a top of the line tune.

Guess I will be waiting to do any of my upgrades. The truck is consuming coolant with no external leaks. My 5 year 100k is good through November 1st. It's at the dealership now.

So I finally got all the issues at the dealership taken of care with the new oil pump, and my warranty expired on 11/2 so I put my FASS150, Flow Pro down pipe back and PPEI tunes in it. What an animal it is now. I am very pleased with most everything. Two things that bug me. One....the fass pump is pretty noisy. Two.... The tune defuels in between shifts. I know and understand the concept behind it but what I don't get is why it does it so drastically even when just normal acceleration from light to light in traffic. I mean if I put you blindfolded in the passenger seat, accelerated from a stop with just light throttle, you would swear I was driving a standard. I guess I will have to get used to it.

Try and see if you can get the defuel fixxed by PPEI. LML tuning is a pain to say the least, and they all seem to be a little different. Many of them require alterations to the tune to get them to run correctly.

I'll give them a call. I figured they would just say "that's the tune"

Several have complained of it, and it is NOT how it's supposed to be. I hope for the best for you as it seems here lately Kory has put to much on his plate, and gotten overloaded. I know I'm trying to help somebody else right now who is having issues with some tuning with him, and hasn't been able to get it straightened out yet.

Back