• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New Rig

BigBlueChevy

Compression Ignition Addict
Reaction score
Started a new job about 3 weeks ago and since I can no longer ride my bike 5 minutes to the yard for work anymore I was on the hunt for a second rig while big blue is down for her upfit. I while back I posted a classified add here of a gentlemen selling a 95 RC/LB K1500 here in Jackson with the 6.5L in it. Well as of yesterday night I'm officially the new owner.

Its got 93XXX miles on it, pulls like a bat outa hell with plenty of power and all in all is in pretty good shape. cloth seats, Floor shifted 4x4, with power windows, and power locks. A few hours of TLC and she's looking pretty good right now. I did the grounds and a few upgrades on the battery system(no more side post crap, now all top post) scrapped the old batteries and popped in my older Optima's from Big Blue since she will be getting new batteries anyway.

Going later today to get me a bed box. Already have plans lined up for the PMD to be relocated, K47 airbox, exhaust, and a few other things. All in all 9 out of 10 Only thing I wish it had better was a manual trans. When the trans goes this thing is getting an NV4500

1004100955a.jpg 1013101744a.jpg

1012101507.jpg 1013101745.jpg

1012101508a.jpg 1013101745a.jpg

1013101744.jpg

Very nice find. It's getting near impossible to find a 6.5 truck with under 100k on it.

Nice purchase, if it had been a short bed like originally thought I would have been thinking about flying across the country to get it, but its too much like what I have now for that. congratulations, glad it found a good home!

Cleaned up the rear bumper, which is actually chrome! It was kinda nice to see how great it came out with some elbow grease and good polish. a little test spot shows just how bad it was

1015100903a.jpg 1015100903.jpg

And the new bed box in place, as well as my welder getting back from a weekend job. That bed box is great, now I know why everybody and there brother owns one:hihi:
1017101748.jpg 1017101747a.jpg

1017101747.jpg

And a little side by side action between Big Blue and the new truck. Feels weird not having to climb in:skep:
1018101817.jpg

Back