• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New puller

durallymax

Reaction score
Building a 640 Hot/Pro Farm with a couple of guys.

IMAG0013.jpg

Air/Water CAC showed up today

IMAG0065.jpg

Got the Aqua Tigers mounted tonite

IMAG0064.jpg

Mess of hoses (still more to come)

IMAG0063.jpg

Got the fuel supply pump and water injection pump mounted, fuel tank is present but water tank is 3 weeks out, the shops very backed up.

IMAG0062.jpg

Big order of An hoses and fittings showing up tomorrow to compete the majority of the plumbing. Icebox is being built by a neighbor. Ski bars from Ace Chassis, are in the mail. Finally making some progress.

That looks like way too much fun Vinny! :thumbsup: I wouldn't mind taking a ride up your way this summer if that's running around by you. Looks like a lot of work, but well worth it for sure. What engine does that have in it? What kind of horsepower will it be at when all said and done?

Its a DT466 block and crank with "work". Dont know what it will make for power.

Is that a 966 black stripe?

Thought that's what I saw in those pics you posted of the shop the other day...

Nice! I wanna get into pulling, even though I don't own a truck or tractor of my own, lol.

It's fun, but its hard on the bank accpunt if you wanna do decent. Plus its full of whiners
. But it is fun.
Love to watch the 2wd diesel tractors pull. Some sound like hell on earth. :)

Were limited to 3000rpm so it isn't gonna sound as wild as a pro stock. But that is the class the owner eventually want to compete in.

i guess to be competitive in the 640 pro farm class you gotta have 1200-1400 ponies and a lot of torque since its limited to 3000rpm. Dont know where will be at for power.

Heres some pics of some recent work. Got a lot done last night, dont have pics of any of that though.

I got the front hitch done yesterday

IMAG0092-1.jpg

The icebox is done, and the turbo to intake manifold for when we are not running the air water CAC is doneish

IMAG0093-1.jpg

Water injection manifold mounted and plumbed up to it, need to finish plumbing the other side of it though.

IMAG0095.jpg

And all of the sheetmetal and such is off getting painted.

Timing has to be wayy off. Dont really know though. Wish I knew more about these things. i just set it to where i was told was a safe starting point. However since the original builder refuses to talk to any of us, we dont know if the pump was locked time when we set the timing, or anything else about the motor.

Its not like the motor came from a builder. It was built by the owners brother, who is an engine machinist. Family matters got in the way and he has chosen to abandon the tractor and everyone involved.

Heres a video of it running properly now. Found out we had a minor issue with the timing. It was set for TDC of the exhaust stroke on the #1 versus compression stroke. So 180* off on the pump, 360* off on the motor. Oops. So we pulled it apart and switched it to the proper setting. Runs like a top now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9oiqjTS8Xo

Back