• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New or Used

New or Used? Your next truck.

• New

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Used

Votes: 31 81.6%

• Total voters
I'm not sure that I'll ever buy another brand new vehicle. I'm of the mindset to let someone else take the big depreciation hit. If you look long and hard there is always a deal to be found.

I paid $9800 for the DMax that I drive. It was a 2005 with 90,000 miles and that was two years ago. The absolute best deal that I have ever gotten on a vehicle purchase. :D

In 2007 the new Ford Expedition EL hit the market. My wife was wanting one and we almost bought a new one but at the last minute a guy calls me from one of the dealers that we had been talking to. It seems someone traded in a one that was six months old and had less than 6000 miles on it. I shaved about $11,000 to $12,000 off the price off the new one we were looking at.

I can't really seem myself spending 60,000 + for a truck.

used. there is no way i would spend more then a few thousdand on a truck thats worth nothing in ten years if you drive it right :D

I'll buy new but it isn't going to happen any time soon. I'm not to 150k yet so mine's 1/2 used.:thumbsup:

New. Not buying someone else's headaches. Not saying I'll buy a $60k truck when the time comes either.

used. gotta avoid the bend over to start. you'll end up with a headaches either way is how I see it. an engineer's or somebody screw ups.

definately used the hit with the depreciation is crazy. plus i dont like the way that these trucks are goin with emisions and crazy "inovations" they are adding.

I've only ever bought one new car. My 98 K2500 is gonna last a looooong time from here on in. If the 6.5 calves, I'll replace it. Same with trans, etc...

Only used from now on for me, the wife buys new to feel more secure about reliability.

Probably a passat TDI wagon next (Have dogs).

Like Gerald said, if my lotto ticket comes in, I'll be more then happy to get a new 2011 Duramax. Until then, if I get something else it will be used and I'll be happy driving and working on my almost 7 year old Cummins now.

I have never owned a new vehicle and won't unless money starts to burn a hole in my pockets.

Depends on what I need it for. Own a company/farm and need the tax break/promotional vehicle? New all the way. Need something for pulling a camper or something? 1 or 2 year old truck with the big depreciation hit gone sounds like a good plan.

Only my wife gets new cars. I will always drive used unless I win the lottery! :thumbsup:

ill buy old trucks till the day i die. i like the power that is available in the newer trucks but to me a truck isnt supposed to look like a caddy on the inside. the more basic the better. less stuff to go wrong or break. all i need is 2 windows that go down, a radio that works, oh and a heater is a plus in the winter.

plus i like to have more than one vehical and there is no way that i would be able to afford that, or even to make payments on a new vehical. maybe some day i will get a dmax thats no newer than 06 but they will have to get alot cheaper for this pour boy

I refuse to pay more for a truck than I paid for my house,barn,shed and 7 acres. There is no way a truck is worth that much. Besides, I'm cheap,that's why I drive 6.5s.

I will buy used as I did with my 07. They all have problems new or used so I always plan on spending more than what I paid to tweak the vehicle to what I want. Even spending a couple thousand on a vehicle is not uncommon in these times. Love my 07 will probably have it at least 10 yrs and I may be gone before it is.

i'll probably go newer than what I have, but still used. If i could get away with it, I like the idea of building an older 1 ton truck (w/ nv4500 tranny, cummins motor, and a ext cab, 4 dr, long bed chevy everything else) and keeping my current 3/4 ton for parts for an offroad project...

But seeing as how I may/probably will have a family by the time I need/could use another truck, I'll probably be "forced" to buy a newer, complete, running truck.

Back