• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New LLY Owner

Mikedizzle

Reaction score
Hello everyone, Just purchased my 85k mile 05 duramax a couple days ago. Stopping by the say hello. Already ordered my 4" diamond eye exhaust yesterday, Intake and programmer will come next week once I sell my 6.5 dually.duramax.jpg

Thanks guys, I like it alot. Ive already put almost 1k miles on it in 5 days lol. My other truck is a 97 c3500 crew cab dually 2wd auto. 172k miles. 4" Diamond Eye exhaust(no muffler, gutted cat), New PMD with heat sink and relocated to top of intake mani. Holset HX35w(fresh rebuild with about 900 miles, racedaymechanics down pipe and 90 deg short ram intake. Fresh Bosch injectors 5 weeks ago. Oil pressure dropped on the freeway at 2700rpm and now the motor has a knock but still runs. Got it up for sale now for $2200. Sucks cause I just dropped about $1800 in it within the last 2 months loldually1.jpgdually2.jpgdually5.jpgturbo.jpg

Yea it sucks, but I like the duramax alot better already tho. I sold the dually about 3 hours ago actually so I just bought a ppe programmer, got a great deal on it and what a difference it makes!

The 5 spd Allison is good for up to 750 ft lbs or so. Just don't put too much power to it and you'll be fine.

Sent from my SCH-I535

Yea it's a great truck for sure. I loved my old dually but I'm settling into this one nicely. Great fuel mileage also, getting 17 around town and 20 on freeway(my calculations not the dashboard)

I've got it set on the 90hp setting now. My exhaust will be here on Wednesday so I'll put that on as soon as it gets here. Haven't decided on which intake to get yet tho. That's pretty much all I'm going to do to it. It's already got 4.10 gears in the rear.

I was under the impression that all 2500 & 3500 Dmax's had 3.73's. Did the PO put 4.10's in?

IMO that thing should get up and go great!

Yea the last owner put them in. It gets moving pretty quickly that's for sure. The 4.10's are better for freeway I was told.

Back