• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New Injectors

1999gmc

Reaction score
So I'm coming up on 100,000 since I changed my injectors. I bought the 40 HP injectors from Heath diesel last time. I went on his website and he wants $1200 for the same injectors. Not going to happen. Where is everyone buying injectors nowadays?Was wondering if anyone has used the PDI injectors from US Dieselparts?

I prefer to build my own since its WAY cheaper. Bosch nozzles are around $40 each. Then all you need is a lapping stone and pop tester. You can build your own set for around $500. Go to Bosch's website a search for your local parts distributor. I have the part numbers somewhere if you want them.

Or Leroy and Quadstar sell marine injectors if you don't what to hassle with building them your self.

If you check flea bay under “injector pop tester” there are ones there for $80 all the time and sometimes $60. The gauge they come with is not the best, but a descent liquid filled gauge in the proper range can be found for usually $35.
You can diy a tester out of an old bottle jack as well, but the time involved makes it hard to beat the $80 unless you have a weekend to kill and fittings all ready laying around.

If you check flea bay under “injector pop tester” there are ones there for $80 all the time and sometimes $60. The gauge they come with is not the best, but a descent liquid filled gauge in the proper range can be found for usually $35.
You can diy a tester out of an old bottle jack as well, but the time involved makes it hard to beat the $80 unless you have a weekend to kill and fittings all ready laying around.
I have been looking at those testers, wondering, if the tube looking fittings they come with will fit the 6.5 injectors ?
I`m thinking about getting one of those testers, and a different gauge for it. The OTC tester that We used at the DOT, it had a high pressure indicator device within the gauge, a sort of a lever that would stay at the highest reading when checking the pressure required to make the injector chatter, there was a knob attached to the lever so it could be reset to the low level for the next run. I think it`d be rather handy if a person could find a similar gauge. I guess I dont know quite how to explain the lever and knob device.

I saw new Bosch injectors sold by kr_services (Badger Diesel) on ebay.
You can also check with Quadstar Tuning or Leroy Diesel.

Some of us, like me, would not want to rebuild.

I bought mine from Leroy Diesel and I thought they were a good price! Brand new Bosch no fussing around.

Back