• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New Billet crankshaft pulley

Burning oil

LeroyDiesel.com
Vendor
Reaction score
Will fit all 6.5 diesels with the serp belt system with 6 groove belt as found on all 1992-2000 GM trucks and vans. Will also fit civilian Hummer with 6 groove pulleys.
This pulley starts out as on big chunk of metal and is machined in one piece. It is anodized afterwards.
This is a lifetime part you will not need to change it ever again (baring a front end wreck..... physical damage).
It weighs 2.5 pounds less than the stock one too!
If you have had a 6.5 diesel for anytime you know all about the factory pulley problems, this will fix it for good.

Nope been running mine for many miles.

The stock pulley from the same guys that brought us PMDs mounted on the engine or LP powered by 18a wire and 5 psi max.........etc. I'll take my Billet pulley over the POS stock one.

Can you show a video of the engine running? My thought is the rubber was there to dampen impact of the high compression, to keep from causing the belt to jump. Maybe show it at idle, and having someone accelerating?

If it doesn't jump the belt I can't imagine why they bothered doing an isolated belt drive, so why not have a billet pulley drive? 1 time fix is a good thing!

Considering it took me 4 weeks to work out what the clunking was everytime I shut the engine down I would go billet next time. The serpentine belt gave me no indications that the rubber was cracked fully all the way around. For all purposes it ran and sounded fine (while running) even though the rubber 20150529_103841.jpg no longer held the inner and outer rings together.

Can you show a video of the engine running? My thought is the rubber was there to dampen impact of the high compression, to keep from causing the belt to jump. Maybe show it at idle, and having someone accelerating?

If it doesn't jump the belt I can't imagine why they bothered doing an isolated belt drive, so why not have a billet pulley drive? 1 time fix is a good thing!
I'll try to get a vid of it running.

Considering it took me 4 weeks to work out what the clunking was everytime I shut the engine down I would go billet next time. The serpentine belt gave me no indications that the rubber was cracked fully all the way around. For all purposes it ran and sounded fine (while running) even though the rubber View attachment 49687 no longer held the inner and outer rings together.
I pulled a stupid one, I thought my noise was the ac compressor as it only made the noise with comp was on. So I changed it and might as well do drier, Otube, freon...ect so after all that fire up the truck and noise was still there. WAS THE F'ING PULLEY!!! I was pissed for being stupid and not catching that.

Sand BTW I have a pulley on my Hummer too.

I was thinking about the time my pulley's rubber broke and it clunked on shut down. I will say the 6.5 is hard on serpentine belts and will stretch a low grade one in a few hundred miles.

I wonder if the shut down was why it was rubber mounted or the vacuum pump since it has a cam over type resistance. I don't know I would say the rest of the belt driven accessories are pretty smooth aren't they?

So I'll ask for the video at idle and shut down with a view of belt and spring arm tension-er to see if the belt wants to flap any.

Wasn't trying to rain on your parade leroy but there was quite a bit of discussion awhile back about the pulley being part of the HB system. I contacted FD and talked to an engineer about that and they said it wasn't. Should be a thread here somewhere. Just making sure everyone is on the same page

With the belt slap (loud buzz at idle with high AC head pressure) my 1993 has w/o a vac pump to stabilize the long crank to compressor belt run I really am not sure what the stock part is supposed to do. Keeping the alternators from snapping off the mountings? Clearly @Burning oil and I are broken alt/mounts examples it (OEM) doesn't do that...

The video showed exactly what i was watching for, thank you.
I made my own years ago on a lathe. It was a smooth surface one and I now see the differnce the grooves make. I sold mine by mistake, I meant to pull it off the truck before I sold it, and missed it.
I put over 300,000 miles on mine that I made. The belt would slip easier when I first came up from a creek crossing, but went away within a couple minutes. I am sure that was from the smooth surface. My belts seemed to wear out a hair quicker, but again- with no grooves in the pulley I am sure it flexed the belt grooves down flat and caused the wear.

I will never get over some of the crazy ass designs GM cane up with on some stuff. This pulley falls into that category. Chirp and belt jump is all I can guess they were worried about. Pfft.

Somewhere out there, somebody will not buy Leroy's out of fear. So my brand new GEP one on I just got from PD is for sale for $40 plus shipping so I can get Leroy's. Along with some black spray paint.- looks kinda pink Leroy, haha.

Back