• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Need help

Mark4897

Reaction score
Hi everyone I am haveing a big dilemma I would like to know what you all think about lift pumps airdog or Fass which one would you prefer

WarWagon

Well it hits on 7 of 8...
Reaction score
Neither. Mechanical belt drive would be my preference. Dodge example below, but, you get the idea.

Another idea is the: Kennedy Diesel Duramax "flow on fail" lift pump. Google it. No link - not a vendor and other vendors sell competing products.

GDP pump for reference as no vendor sells anything like it that I am aware of.

THEFERMANATOR

FRANKENBURBAN
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
The belt driven pump is beyond overkill for a basically stock truck, and is introducing something else to fail imo. Airdog and fass are about neck and neck anymore. I run a kennedy single pump on mine because the cp3 on a duramax needs volume, not pressure to it since it already has a gear driven supply pump on the cp3. AFE has a new lift pump that has gotten good reviews. Depending on where you live/travel, make sure you get one with a fuel heater if you will go where it gets colder than freezing