• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Need a new block

Duvall

6.5 lives matter
Reaction score
My GEP is at the machine shop and it won't clean up with a .020 or .030 over bore. It sat with coolant in the bore.

So I'm looking for a new block. I see there are a few on ebay.

Anyone have a better option?

I haven’t priced out new sleeve cost or machining cost in some time. Coolant in bore hopefully was one cylinder destroyed and a resleeve could be affordable? I have a sleeve part number written down if you need it.

Teds and Boyce don’t have the abundance of quality options they used to.

If you are after just a block, don’t discount using a center mount van or hummer block. The oil supply and drain can easily be blocked. The gasket is $2 and a piece of angle iron bolts down as if it were the turbo to hold it in place. Otherwise the blocks are identical.

I haven’t priced out new sleeve cost or machining cost in some time. Coolant in bore hopefully was one cylinder destroyed and a resleeve could be affordable? I have a sleeve part number written down if you need it.

Teds and Boyce don’t have the abundance of quality options they used to.

If you are after just a block, don’t discount using a center mount van or hummer block. The oil supply and drain can easily be blocked. The gasket is $2 and a piece of angle iron bolts down as if it were the turbo to hold it in place. Otherwise the blocks are identical.

Ill ask about sleeving it.

Do the eBay blocks seem like a good option for new?

Seems like rolling the dice to get a used block?

No clue on ebay, sorry. Not a lot of options where they are being made-

Yes used is always a gamble, but compared to price of new gep...

There is some 6.5 engines in Norway at junkyards etc. Not so popular here anymore. Could be a possibility to ship some over? Imagine high shipping costs? 🤔 Powerstrokes are mostly sold here.

Back