• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My weekend therapy!

BoostN

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but when I sit behind a desk 5 days a week, I love getting away from that to get outdoors.

This is one of my happy places.. I only have 5.5 acres. I mow about 4 with this setup in the back of the property.. it's kinda rough, so I chose to use the cab tractor. It got pretty chilly yesterday with it being 90+ degrees out.. :D

kb1.jpg

kb2.jpg

No cab here either, just ROPS. Paste on the sunblock, turn on the hearing protector's built-in radio, light the motor, and roll.

Used to push lawnmowers in Jeans to keep my shins from getting torn-up by the occasional stone or twig that got flung out. Did not get much fluffy weather either as the afternoons were usually 90's hot and humid. Would then go to night school which had A/C and nearly freeze. Friends laughed at me as I wore a coat during class in the middle of Summer.

I think my biggest like about the cab is getting away from the grass and dust. I can actually breath now after being out there. Last summer I would mow on a Saturday, and Sun-Tues my head was stopped up.

Also, those pesky wasp and other critters can't get you after running over their home in the ground :D

I think my biggest like about the cab is getting away from the grass and dust. I can actually breath now after being out there. Last summer I would mow on a Saturday, and Sun-Tues my head was stopped up.

Also, those pesky wasp and other critters can't get you after running over their home in the ground :D
I watch those waspy critters, see where they fly off to. Then wait. Until almost dark, or even during dark and pack along a flash light. Go to where they are holed up and hit them real good with brake and parts cleaner.
I dont usually advertise for companies, but, that orielly brand brake and parts cleaner is about the best out there aaaand, it kills them waspy critters dead. It like it almost melts them down and, the cleaner dont leave a mess. Dries fast with no residue. Oh yeah, less than 3 bucks a can too.

Ok, we have talked about the pluses of the cab, I will mention one other benefit. Protection from debris and other dangerous projectiles.

Case in point: I know a man in his late 70's (he is a special one, more later on) that was on his big Kubota Tractor bush hogging one day. He was in a grown up field bush hogging, there were some saplings and small trees. A small tree comes up and spears through the calf of his leg. He stops the tractor and tries to assess the dangerous situation. Basically he is pinned on the tractor being that he is now a human shish kabob on a small tree. As far as I know he had no cell phone on him. He has no available saws on the tractor. He heard some guys at a distance rabbit hunting, he yelled at them hoping they would hear him. No luck, no one hears him, he is bleeding from the wound, what does he do next. Considering that no one is coming to help him, he takes his pocket knife and cuts the calf of his leg to free that tree. After he does that he takes off on his tractor and finds help. After months of rehab his wound finally heals up. Oh yea his tractors are now beefed up with metal guards and I think he carries a small chainsaw onboard.

More info about that tough man that would explain how and why he survived that episode. He was a War Veteran, an Airborne, Army Ranger, that served in Nam in the late 60's, early 70's. I forget how many jumps he did in his tour of duty, he doesn't say much about it other than, by the Grace Of God, is the only reason he came back from Nam. He told me one time, if you heard the blast from mines or bombs, you knew you were still alive. He came back from Nam and had a tough time here, one of his wives about shot him at one point. He basically went through H#LL for many years then got back on the right track. I have known him for 22 years, he is much of a man, one tough customer as they say.

One more twist to all this. This Veterans older brother died in a submarine incident in 1968, while serving his country on the USS Scorpion.

Next time You see that oldtimer, give Him My respect and thank You for serving Our great country.

Sure thing @MrMarty51, I will tell him just like I have told him before. I will see him in a few months, he owns the land that I lease for deer hunting. He is a big black bear hunter that's taken several black bears, he has no fear, I have much respect for that man, he has been through so much.

At work last week, Michael took a day off to go get the prostate exam done. Not knowing why he was off, I asked the next day and he told me that. Then continued with what happened...
When the dr came in the room he starts talking-
“OK Dennis, this is your first prostrate exam, so just concentrate on not getting a boner and everything will be ok...”
“Hey doc...” My co worker interrupted “My name is Michael, not Dennis and...”
Now the dr interrupts with “I know Michael, My name is Dennis.”

Back