• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Mounting radio gear

Reaction score
I was just posting to another forum/thread and, but to those of us that use extra electronic gear in our trucks Gamber Johnson makes some next level gear that is great! For those of us that remember the clunky old slider brackets from the '70's this unit is rock solid and easily adaptable, the SS-100
348725.jpg

In addition to the provided Coax and power wiring I added an extra bracket and wiring to this unit so it holds both my Uniden 520 but also my Police scanner/detector it works great!

I haven't mounted it in 'BBB' yet but I'm considering mouning it to the center floor console between the seats. On my panel van I had it mounted to the ceiling where on my 'Burb the dome light, automatic door opener compartment and sunglasses compartments are. I don't want to do away with the stock overhead so I'm looking for an alternative location as well.

Back