• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Motor mounts - which to use

how is the foorboard vibrations at idle with the urethane mounts? I used the rubber mounts made by anchor I got off RA. they are the same brand sold locally in the auto parts houses. my old mounts were sagging but didn't have any vibrations until I installed these.

I wound up using the Anchor mounts after fighting with the urethane mounts. I still have the urethane mounts if anyone is interested. The urethane mounts seemed significantly larger than factory or Anchor mounts. Truck is fairly smooth with new rubber mounts.

I wound up using the Anchor mounts after fighting with the urethane mounts. I still have the urethane mounts if anyone is interested. The urethane mounts seemed significantly larger than factory or Anchor mounts. Truck is fairly smooth with new rubber mounts.
What ya want for them?

Basically think like a tire. Softer compound gives better performance at the expense of wearing out sooner vs longer life but worse ride.

To me the question is- how many times would you have to replace it? If you have to replace it every 20 years - I would prefer eliminating the shake. How long for the other one - is it twice as long?

some years ago I had seen several GM cars (front wheel drive flavored) use some sort of hydraulic fluid filled motor mounts. some of those gems a fella couldn't even feel the engine running! it would have been nice if they made such an animal for our rigs too!

some years ago I had seen several GM cars (front wheel drive flavored) use some sort of hydraulic fluid filled motor mounts. some of those gems a fella couldn't even feel the engine running! it would have been nice if they made such an animal for our rigs too!
Got these on my 2005 Honda Accord’s. Already replaced one that had leaked.

I'm sort-of torn on this. I like the idea of the longevity, but if I need to replace in 20 years due to being worn, I'm not sure it will be much more trouble than what I'm doing now. One extra bolt per side is all. I suppose propping the engine up will suck a little. I've removed the originals from under the truck anyhow. Even with a lift, the driver side is a suck job due to the front differential.

Thanks for the input Marty. I had pretty much made up my mind I would use rubber to replace, but now it's up in the air again for me. Back to pondering... My lift pump gives me plenty of vibration, even on isolators. I am picky, though, so maybe I just notice it more than someone else might.

I'm sort-of torn on this. I like the idea of the longevity, but if I need to replace in 20 years due to being worn, I'm not sure it will be much more trouble than what I'm doing now. One extra bolt per side is all. I suppose propping the engine up will suck a little. I've removed the originals from under the truck anyhow. Even with a lift, the driver side is a suck job due to the front differential.

Thanks for the input Marty. I had pretty much made up my mind I would use rubber to replace, but now it's up in the air again for me. Back to pondering... My lift pump gives me plenty of vibration, even on isolators. I am picky, though, so maybe I just notice it more than someone else might.
In 20 years, what you don't want to do, might amaze you.

The rubber mounts on my ‘99 were so badly worn the engine was just resting on frame and I got all the vibration. Any improvement was going to be good and I am happy with the results I’ve seen with the urethane. Also replaced the transmission with urethane mounts.

I went with the black urethane LCA bushings on the ‘94 because you can’t find the correct rubber bushings for the forged LCAs anymore. They are working great.

If you do decide to go rubber, get the Delco ones not the aftermarket. I have heard on other forums for gassers that the aftermarket rubbers are just as stiff as the urethane ones in terms of feeling vibrations now. apparently after reading up on the subject, GM used a softer rubber and the aftermarket bunch used just about any type of rubber material they could get into their machines.

my plan in the future is to replace mine with the delco ones along with replacing the upper and lower control arm bushings with the poly bushings. they seem to allow for a smoother travel vs the factory rubber ones. I suppose urethane has it's place and so does rubber. :D

Back