• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Momentary jerk/miss/shudder at highway speed

mgray

Reaction score
Noticed this a couple times now in the last month, very brief tho. Cruising down the highway at 95kmh/60mph and there is a quick jerk/miss/shudder then all is back to normal. I almost think I'm taking my foot off the pedal then putting it back on quickly...but I'm pretty sure I'm not.

Just looking for ideas on where to start looking for a potential problem.

Thanks

Start with a fresh fuel filter....and a clean fuel filter manager.

Lift pump and fuel pressure should be checked also.

Check fuel quality from FFM.....Maybe you got a batch of bad fuel.

Noticed this a couple times now in the last month, very brief tho. Cruising down the highway at 95kmh/60mph and there is a quick jerk/miss/shudder then all is back to normal. I almost think I'm taking my foot off the pedal then putting it back on quickly...but I'm pretty sure I'm not.

Flat ground or going up hill? You could be at the threshold where a inop lift pump - for whatever reason - is challenging the IP and it can't keep up.

Heath FSD on kickplate. Seems to only happen on flat ground, very little throttle. No check engine or any other indicators.

Check you lift pump pressure as suggested, and are you using any fuel additives? Did you add any particular additive in the last month, such as an injector cleaner or fuel system treatment? Some of the additives will cause bad things.

Also, get a code reader and check to see if there are any supressed transmission codes that dont always set off the SES light. This is quite common. You may have a TCC lockup problem.

I had the same problem under, except mine happened in 4th gear under hard acceleration. I still to this day do not know what caused it, however it did not show the ses light, but it stored codes PO236 and PO238 which are for boost. The ecm was reading to much boost and cut vacuum or fuel for just a second. After a while I started to get stuck in limp mode. I plugged up my vacuum line and added a TM, when i set the TM to high it would do the same thing. The big thing is to check for codes.

Back