• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Master cylinder

Rv10

Reaction score
1999 Dodge 2500 diesel 2 Wheel Dr. rear brakes will not perform have changed the wheel cylinders to a larger size which has been suggested still unable to get any increase in performance in the rear brakes I have eliminated the proportioning valve and replaced it with a adjustable rear brake bias valve I have adjusted it to its max pressure and still no lock up of rear brakes the ABS this truck is equipped with is the rear brakes only and that’s been bypassed doing some research it’s been suggested to change the bore size of the master cylinder especially with increasing the size of the rear wheel cylinder truck has hydroboost any suggestions of what master cylinder I could use in this application or any other ideas

Smaller diameter rear brake cylinder pistons would take more pressure to stop or lock up the brakes but a whole lot less volume. Juz sayin.

No height sensing valve
Are you sure? I know for a fact 99 2500's all had one. They were a pain to adjust, but would kill the rear braking if not set correctly. So unless it was removed, it may be there still, just not hooked to the axle.

No height sensing valve 2 wheel drive truck the brake lines go to the rear wheel cylinder

Back