• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Major Oil Leak/Replacing turbo oil drain line?

Reaction score
So from what I can tell, my turbo oil drain needs to be replaced. I've got what appears to be about 3-4 quarts on the ground, and it appears to have come from the oil drain hose near the block.:banghead::wtf:Censored

My friend suggested getting a flexible metal drain hose like they use for 3rd gens from cummins because I'm running an HX35. I'm unsure of how it connects to the block, so I need to see how it connects. I don't have time to take everything apart until I get home this weekend, but what else could it possibly be? You can tell that it's leaking while I'm driving because my oil pan is coated in the stuff. I've had a small leak before, but I replaced the gasket that I thought caused it, and literally a day later, it's much larger than it was.

Will post pics tomorrow

Remove the drain tube mounts at the turbo and the block.
Scrape, scrub and wipe the mating surfaces free of any debris and old sealants... the key is get them as clean as your can.
Clean the metal tubes with Dawn liquid soap (or the Viking equivalent) to degrease them prior to putting the rubber hoses back on them.
Flat sand/grind the turbo adapter to ensure it is perfectly flat to make a perfect seal with the turbo.
RTV Black on both sides of the gaskets.
Unless you go with a stainless type alternate of course.

Ive made a few drain hose kits for customers. $79 if I can help let me know.
I like the way Leroy made my turbo return up. Very easy to service and remove the turbo.

It's extended down past the turbo flange so you can easily remove the AN fitting. I tried Bruce's kit on the GM turbo set up and it required to much work to make it worthwhile.

Bruce's kit may work well with the HX turbo as I think that is what it was designed for.

Back