• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Looking for something to put a mitsubishi 23 hp L3E 3 cylinder diesel in. I have a good engine, Look

jrsavoie

Recruit
Reaction score
Looking for something to put a mitsubishi 23 hp L3E 3 cylinder diesel in.

I have a good engine, Looking for something that needs it.

Toro's, Cub Cadets, Mahindra, Cat and others

They were used in reefers, Lawn mowers, small tractors, mini hoes, skid loaders and more

I missed a Toro 223D Groundsmaster with 72" deck for 3 or $400. That would have worked fine. Still looking.

One of my concerns is getting something with a hydrostat that somebody drug around without releasing the transmission. Is there a way to check that before buying?

I recently picked up a Toro 220D for the deck which was bought new and only run 2 seasons.

The seller said the motor was smoking some, he tore it apart and let it sit. He had a friend cut extra groves in the pistons and added rings. Never did a compression check before he tore it apart. He said the cylinder walls were good at the time. The block could still be salvaged

Bottom line is, Now I am looking for a Mitsubishi L3E engine to install. I traded the last engine I had for a Polaris 4 wheeler.

They were used on a lot of different equipment.

A lot of different brands, Cat, Deere, Mahindra, Toro.

If anybody has a line on something, I'd appreciate a heads up.

I traded the engine for a Polaris 500 4 wheeler. Now I wish I had the engine back. I picked up a Toro 220D last year that needs an engine. I've already used a couple of parts on my 223D. So now I am on the hunt for a Mitsubishi L3E or another Toro 223D or 220D Groundsmaster that runs good.
I think a lot of the L3Esvwere proprietory to the manufacturers that used there engines.
It has to be variable speed and I don't know the block differences for the various applications.

I do have the Mitsubishi L3C out of the 220D, if anybody would want it for anything. The previous owner tried adding rings to the pistons. Not sure why. Then he tore it apart and left it sit. I'm sure the IP and injectors are good.

Back