• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Looking for a high lift floor jack

MY current jacks are a 2 ton and a 2 1/2 ton with about 20" lift.

Going bigger both ways wouldn't hurt. My newest jack is 20 years old.

Looking for something to make swapping the trans in the 94 K3500 easier. To roll it in and out without wrestling it off the jack, I need to have at least 18" of cribbing under the tires

Yep. It looks like that's what it will take to roll the NV4500 out from under the truck after I let it down.

I can leave the truck low enough to use my 20" jack and then block it up higher after the trans is out to pull the jack out.

I have a nice floor jack, I got it at harbor freight.

With out getting of my butt and going to the garage and looking, I think I have the 3 ton with rapid pump.

It runs around $89.

I also got a nice pair of jack stands (6 ton) at Harbor Freight. I got my floor jack at Sears on sale. I think it is a 4 ton jack. Pretty heavy duty. These trucks are pretty heavy in the front end! :D

Moved to Shop Tools Section.

Last edited:
wow, I didnt use near that many blocks! I set it on the floor to drag it out, are you trying to leave it on the jack?

I'm only about half as strong as I used to be. I have to make things go so I don't get in a pinch. Seems easier to jack up the truck than drag the trans across the concrete - which isn't all that smooth. Not bad since it was finished in the 30's

Makes sense, mine is brand new and ice skating smooth, hope it lasts 80yrs lol

I forget some of you are old folks pushing walkers. :hihi:

I just got this one. It's the Highest Lifting Floor Jack I could Find anywhere.

Harbor Freight P/N: 68050

Lifts my Duramax no Problem.

Looks like a nice jack. Though I would like somethiong heavier duty

Yea, I def wanted something Heavier Duty too, but without getting into Bottle Jacks or something with Hydraulic Assist, that was the Highest Lifting Floor Jack I could Find.

Harbor Freight Lot #68048/#69227 3-ton rapid pump, reg $139.99, on sale $89.99, only $69.99 with super coupon, 75 lbs steel floor jack, 5"-18" lift. I might pick one up after pay day this week.

Back