• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Looking for a Corsa straight through diesel Muffler

Mad Maxx

See, what had happened was...
Reaction score
With the Corsa and DE QT Pipe, it'll prob. be pretty Close to OE Loudness.

The Corsa is pretty damn Quiet by itself.

Pepperidge

Member Advocate
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
another thought: wondering if combining the two could actually increase noise...one may tune harmonics differently than the other and actually amplify the situation...(speculation)

Pepperidge

Member Advocate
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
also, after looking at the picture of the DE closely I don't think it will work for me...
DE-321040-2T.jpg

My BD 4" down pipe comes down and goes back under the cab some...If I cut that elbow off, I wouldn't have anything to clamp my downpipe to...

attachment.php

BD downpipe.jpg

btfarm

America First!
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
Looks like the QT section is not nearly far back enough for it to work for your D Pipe setup.

Pepperidge

Member Advocate
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
wondering if it can be turned around/is non directional...I could flip it and may be able to get a 4inch collar onto it... and then I could shorten it as needed to compensate for the down pipe...but maybe that would put the resonator portion of the QT(if reversible) in the cross member and it still would not work...I don't want to drop $100+ on the QT on just a theory either...

THEFERMANATOR

FRANKENBURBAN
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
Put in a resonator and the CORSA and you will have one quiet DURAMAX inside, and still civil outside. Honestly unless your worried about the outside noise, put a CORSA on it and call it done. It will be night and day different from your MBRP inside and outside except when you get on it. That is what I like most about the CORSA is it sounds stock inside and outside until you get on teh go pedal, then it growls outside but is still quiet inside unless you roll the windows down.

Jorge6.5

Reaction score
How about an aero turbine like some one else mentioned, they are way cheaper and can be had with a resonator. They are also designed to pull the exhaust away from the motor.

Pepperidge

Member Advocate
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
Got it a about a little over a week ago and just installed it today...

talk about make a difference...inside the cab is pretty quiet...a slight rumble towing the trailer at 75...but nowhere near as loud as the MBRP...

outside at idle is quiet...not stock quiet...but much more quiet than the MBRP...

(a mechanic was test driving it to try to replicate a power steering barking noise)so I got to hear it from the Outside on acceleration...man that exhaust note is sweet...sounds like a well tuned modern muscle car...

Thank you Leroy ! ! !

btfarm

America First!
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
I gotta get somebody I trust to do a driveby on mine as soon as we get some decent warmth.

THEFERMANATOR

FRANKENBURBAN
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
I LOVE the sound of mine. At 75 I get the same bit of drone towing a trailer, but it isn't unbearable. And it is very civil until you get on the go pedal, then it's all business.

Burning oil

LeroyDiesel.com
Vendor
Reaction score
Got it a about a little over a week ago and just installed it today...

talk about make a difference...inside the cab is pretty quiet...a slight rumble towing the trailer at 75...but nowhere near as loud as the MBRP...

outside at idle is quiet...not stock quiet...but much more quiet than the MBRP...

(a mechanic was test driving it to try to replicate a power steering barking noise)so I got to hear it from the Outside on acceleration...man that exhaust note is sweet...sounds like a well tuned modern muscle car...

Thank you Leroy ! ! !

Thank you, glad you liked it. Be sure to add me to your signature :hihi: