• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Locking diff gm 6.5 td

It would help tremendously if you had that info in your signature ie: 1997 K1500 Silverado 6.5TD. Last question. Are you looking for the rear, front or both differentials?

Ok. Here is the info I found for you from the vendor differentials.com for your 9.5" 14 bolt semi-floating 6-lug rear differential. The part numbers apply to all gear ratios.
For Limited Slip "Posi":
Auburn Gear - P/N AG542087
Eaton - P/N EAT19590

For Auto Locking:
Detroit Locker - P/N DET225C135A
Lock Rite - P/N PT1950
Powertrax - P/N PT92-0792-3305

For Selectable Locking:
ARB - P/N ARBRD197 (air locking, requires a compressor/tank system and actuator)

I assume that you are not looking for a fully locked/spool differential as that would make your truck pretty much undriveable in daily/around town driving. They are only for severe terrain driving or drag racing.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Ok. Here is the info I found for you from the vendor differentials.com for your 9.5" 14 bolt semi-floating 6-lug rear differential. The part numbers apply to all gear ratios.
For Limited Slip "Posi":
Auburn Gear - P/N AG542087
Eaton - P/N EAT19590

For Auto Locking:
Detroit Locker - P/N DET225C135A
Lock Rite - P/N PT1950
Powertrax - P/N PT92-0792-3305

For Selectable Locking:
ARB - P/N ARBRD197 (air locking, requires a compressor/tank system and actuator)

I assume that you are not looking for a fully locked/spool differential as that would make your truck pretty much undriveable in daily/around town driving. They are only for severe terrain driving or drag racing.

Hope this helps.
Thank you very much

Back