• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

LLY mileage gains with EFILive

Will

Boobies make me happy
Reaction score
I'm becoming more and more interested in EFILive. I'd like to get the DSP5 switch set up with a mileage tune. What type of mileage gains are you guys seeing with EFILive? 1 or 2 mpg or are people seeing more?

I'm not a LLY but I can tell you with my LBZ I went from 14.8 - 15.3 up above the 18 mpg mark... Needless to say I was shocked, I thought this truck was doomed for 15's the rest of it's life...

A little bit of timing, and cut the boost at cruising speeds and it's amazing what happens!

Just make sure you check it by hand as the Dash after any type of programming is incorrect.

Plus the DIC is only marginally correct in any GM vehicle stock. I always check by hand, whether the vehicle has a DIC or not. (Our D-max doesn't, my car does)

I went from about 17-17.5 to 19.5-20 on the highway and it's much more fun to drive. I was running 265s (speedo adjusted accordingly) and set the cruise at 70. Once, and I mean once, I hit 23mpg on a trip to NJ mostly cause I was following a Ryder truck that was governed to 65 and it was loaded so we drove 55-65 for a few hundred miles.

That's the big trick to fuel economy in a Duramax! Keep it down to 55 - 60 MPH. I did it one time for a test of mileage and got 23 but hated the pace. My everyday in town with both freeway and street driving is right at 18 and the open highway is just slightly better but I tend to run just a little over the speed limit most of the time. Check it by hand every tank so I've got a good record for 80K worth!

Back