• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Limp Mode Codes P2149-P0202-P0203-P0205- P0208

Mousie2004

Reaction score
Need help once again truck is a Chevy 2004.5 LLY 2500 HD 66,000 miles. I had this same problem last year truck would shut down completely and I would have to pump the primer to get to run like it was out of fuel never actually run in a limp mode either run or not. I replaced the fuel hoses, new filter and primer pump it didn't help same problem. Then it just went away and run ok till Saturday. Engine light came on and truck shut down. I pumped the primer and it started run about a mile and shut down would not start anymore we pulled it back to the shop and I run a scan and got codes P2149,P0202,P0203,P0205,
P0208. Did some research and replaced the no.2 and no.7 injector connector with new GM connectors they seemed the most prevalent for failure. I removed the other 6 and did the ice pick thing. Cleared the codes drove 5 miles no problem. Started down the road this morning it went in limp mode went back to shop cleared the codes now is running ok I'm sure it is going to leave me stranded on the side of the road. One strange thing when it want start fuel gage is on empty and light on but I have a full tank. I have already replaced the stepper motors in the instrument cluster. Thanks

Back