• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Lb7 dead pedal.

Nick 6.5

Reaction score
So I'm doing a lb7 duramax swap. It's basically done besides minor wiring, driveshafts and some other small things. But I had a dead pedal. P1287. P1278. P1125. P1639. I had the pedal extension harness made by a company back east and it is mirrored to the pedal connector.
App sensor 1 reads 4.96v and does not change with throttle input on pedal.
App sensor 2 reads 1.88v and drops to .63v at full throttle.
App sensor 3 reads .06v amd does not change with throttle input. And app indicated angle percent stays at 0
I switched wires e and j on the connector
With the wires switched App sensor 1 gets .45v at neutral and 3.53v at full throttle
App sensor 2 is at 1.88v at neutral and .61v at full throttle
App sensor 3 is at 4.12v at neutral and 2.25v at full throttle.
App indicated angle stays at 0 at all times no matter what. I can't figure out what the hell is going on. I've tested the pedal and it is good. I've also used a second pedal with no change. Also have ohmed out the wires the Ecm and it's good as well. I'm starting to think its the ecm?? Any input from the masters here would be extremely helpful!!

Which pedal are you using, duramax or 6.5l? When the harness was built, was it pinned for duramax or 6.5l? There are differences between them. You can use either pedal with a duramax(you will hit full throttle at roughly 55% on a 6.5l pedal), but you can only use the 6.5l pedal on a 6.5l. I'll try and look and see if I have the apps pinouts in my files or not as I let my alldata expire.

I'm using the duramax pedal. The harness was built for the duramax pedal as well. Eventually once the truck is done i will use the 6.5 pedal (in theory) just for ease of mounting. The guy that built the harness is being a dick and saying it's not the harness and won't work with me trying to figure it out. so I'm pretty stuck. Thank you i appreciate the help!

Heres what I have in my files. The 1st one is for the 01 lb7, and the 2nd one was for my 95 6.5l. I can also get you the ecm pinouts if you need those.
0916170027.jpg
0916170027a.jpg

Thank you sir!! The pedal wires were not wired correctly on the engine harness. I now have throttle! But injector circuit codes for injector 2-8 now pop up. Eff my life. Haha you ferm!! You have been a major help for many years now!!

The 6.5l pedal should work up to around 1/2 throttle if you wired it correctly. I'll try and get pics of the ecm plugs for you in the next couple of days.

I guess I may have screwed up on the pedal wiring. On the scanner the throttle works smoothly and on the it goes to 100%. but ya the first half doesn't do anything. About a 1/4" from the stop is where it hits full throttle. I'll have to look into the wiring again. And thank you lookin forward to it

Hahahah!!! If I had the money to build an engine and just experiment how that would work I would! Hahaha. Might as well add some meth and propane to the 100% juice and have a real good time haha

Mine are ran like stock. I used the 5/8" line that comes out of the tstat housing to a T that feeds the heater cores, then came off the return T to the 5/8" tube below the ficm that returns it to the lower radiator hose.

Back