• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

KUBOTA 3 CYLINDER DIESEL IN RTV 1100

spin

Reaction score
I have a 2008 kubota rtv1100. i just replaced the second mechanical pick-up fuel pump on it,and the brand new units leak crankcase oil from where the mechanical "tickler" pump runs through the housing,,,,,,,i can understand a faulty 1st one,but,now the 2nd? same issue? im now wondering if possibly the engines PCV system is not functioning properly,allowing too much crankcase pressure and forcing oil out of the pump? can anybody help me as to where to look for this pcv system,to test it,thanks so much in advance

Attachments

• 33CC0D69-F4BC-439A-9F9C-C5335E00E7E8.jpeg
    33CC0D69-F4BC-439A-9F9C-C5335E00E7E8.jpeg
    166.9 KB · Views: 6
im now wondering if possibly the engines PCV system is not functioning properly,allowing too much crankcase pressure and forcing oil out of the pump? can anybody help me as to where to look for this pcv system,to test it,thanks so much in advance

Is a possibility. When I bought the 82 GMC with 6.2 diesel it's oil fill cap (doubles as the breather) had been replaced with a newer cap from a 6.5 (non vented). Engine originally leaked out of everything but the rear main seal. Swapped it to the correct cap and all the leaks stopped.

The air will make a way out if the breather is plugged up.

thanks for your response red,yes,that was my problem,i installed a new fuel pump and it leaked oil,blamed it on the new pump,put on a second one,same problem,,,,,,pcv was the problem,,,,,,no more oil leaks,thanks

Back