• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Kodiak Fuel Filter Upgrade

98HMC4

Reaction score
Hey all,

I recently got my p400 installed, and in doing so have realized my factory FFM (fuel filter) / heater assembly has a leak.

From what i can tell it is an O Ring that has gone bad.

However, I'm upgrading my lift pump to a FASS unit and would like to benefit from its upgraded abilities. I recall seeing someone adding / using a Kodiak duramax style fuel filter but cannot find the info anymore.

Has anyone used one of these? care to share any light on the subject?
It would allow me to keep my water in fuel sensor and fuel heating abilities functional on the hummer H1 which are important to me with the type of conditions it sees.

Thanks in advance all.
J

Remove factory FFM and throw it away. Get the FASS with the twin filter kit and order the optional fuel heater. A reference for the FASS heater option: https://www.genosgarage.com/product/fass-hk1001/fass-fuel-system

WIF Sensor :yuck: The things are a JOKE! You are better off with a good water separator filter because by the time the WIF light goes off you have already fed the injection system water with the OEM Krap filters. Just saying the WIF light should be last on the list of things you need. Case in point I only had a WIF light come on once, but, the system was trashed by that time from my Bugs in biodiesel thread...

I have the heath filter installed after the factory FFM -

The Fass unit i am using is just a pump - Used as a replacement pump on a dodge cummins application.

Warwagon - that may be so, but draining it when the light comes on gets the build up of water out. i understand its basically too late at that point but having the warning is important to me - sure its last on the list. but i like function.

Your information may have been what i saw in the past, however the link you provided takes you to a dead page, it seems to be incomplete. i tried on safari and chrome.
- thanks

Your information may have been what i saw in the past, however the link you provided takes you to a dead page, it seems to be incomplete. i tried on safari and chrome.
- thanks
I just tried it on my Galaxy S8+ and it opened just fine. Yes, it is a page with subject headers only, but scroll to the upper right corner of the page and click on the Menu icon. When the Menu opens, click on the Home header and it takes you to the Home Page and it works great from there.

Not sure why it's not loading. They are Google cloud share listings that are open to the public. It does take a few seconds to load.

It does not work on My old Win, Vista flappy top, using Lunascape web browser. The words are there, just gives Me a cursor that does nothing when I click on them.

Go drag/scroll clear up to the upper right hand corner of the header. The three parallel lines is the Menu Icon. Tap/click on that and the Menu opens up. Tap/Click on the Home tab and the Home Page opens. Full color photo of some gnarly looking turbos and stuff. Full site navigation from there. That's how it worked on my phone.

I kept tapping on the printing on the page the link takes you to and nothing happened for me, either, until I stumbled upon the header up at the top of the page by dragging the page down on my phone until the header appeared and I tapped the Menu icon.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx4HmcbTD2d9T3VPQnFsVEFNdWs/view

Direct link for others - this one worked for me - information is great. thanks again guys! will post up when mine is completed next week - truck is at dealer, getting IP settings recalibrate and i messed up something with my trans so they are helping me diag that.
That worked.
Some mighty good info in there.
It appears they are using the same filter that is installed on my truck for the pre pump filter.
I was wondering how those filters would work for diesel, guess they must be okay.

The inline filter? They are fine if you replace them every couple oil changes. Maybe not the best choice if you run a lot of miles, though. Many factors to consider when designing a system.

One of the reasons we don't sell a kit. Because we'd have to carry three or four setups to suit everyone on cost vs functionality.

Back