• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Keeping EGR valve clean?

Reaction score
Is it true that there is some computer programming modification that can be made that will help clean out the EGR valve? I have heard that might be possible. My EGR cooler has been updated to sinister Diesel aftermarket. Obviously deleting this would be so much better for the engine and a lot less hassle for me, but for now I have left it in.

If you have a block plate in the back flange it won't matter.
I have read from multiple articles and statements but it is not a good idea to do a blocker plate because the pressure will cause other problems and that it is better to spend the money and do the new y pipes in the back. I feel like I haven't gathered enough information yet.

I have read from multiple articles and statements but it is not a good idea to do a blocker plate because the pressure will cause other problems and that it is better to spend the money and do the new y pipes in the back. I feel like I haven't gathered enough information yet.
Oh, well they probably know more. It's just something I read on a forum once.

Thank you. I'm not trying to make any unacceptable mods, just make the truck run better and cleaner with more reliable parts and programming.

You were given a good answer. However you indicated you are going to stay OEM because ANY mods without an E.O. and/or CARB sticker are "unacceptable mods". You are not allowed to tamper with your truck to make it "run better or cleaner".

You could, however, retrofit it to a higher emissions tier, aka engine with with a DPF, at a high cost and large amount of paperwork. Even then you can't change anything in the programming to make it better. Generally it's cheaper to buy a new truck than retrofit a higher tier of emissions. Newer DPF trucks run cleaner...

Back