• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ipad OBD-II apps and scanners options

schiker

Reaction score
I have an about 10 year old Actron autoscanner but it won't link to our Mazda minivan. Also won't read GM enhanced features or ABS.

So.... Thinking of getting a newer scanner. Has anyone tried a newer Ipad software app or what is the best bang for the buck? My budget is about $150 or under I hope. But if for a little more I have much nicer stuff I could spend a bit more. I have laptop windows 7 now and would prefer not to mess with it.

I see scantool . net that is wifi compatiable for ~$120 but you have to buy software too for ~$79 basic plus $80 for GM enhanced.

OBDCOM is ~$80 but doesn't do ABS or TPS.

I haven't looked at many newer handheld units like my actron they appear to be all over the place.

What would you recommend?

I have spent a few hours on google and yahoo. It appears there are hand held corded devices all over the place from readers like mine to good units for up to 300 then on up for the pro grade stuff.

You can buy wifi connectors for wireless connection but then buy PC software to support models.

With the wifi connector you can also down load a few apps on you iphone or ipad. BUT they don't appear to have any apps that support mfg specific codes and ABS is hit and miss. Not sure any ipad apps will read Mazda codes yet.

Did I miss any good apps ?

I have an elm 321 (think thats what its called) wireless plug and torque app on my phone it does not give abs codes or tranny ones either. I'm interested to see if someone has seen anything out there as well.

Back