• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Interesting intake situation at the junkyard

n8in8or

I never met a project I didn’t like
Reaction score
It’s fun the things you see when looking under the hood of vehicles at the junkyard. Some people have very, ummmmm creative..... ways to solve a problem.

For instance, check out this interesting way to bolt a side mount intake on an engine with center mount heads. It was too good to not snap some pics and share with y’all.

Go back and buy it! Buy it now!!!

Maybe an optimizer under that. The intake is worth the trouble to pull.
I thought about that for sure, but it looked way too crusty. I was on a mission today so I didn’t have the time to pull it. I’ll probably venture back at some point to check for sure. Oh and I didn’t have the tools with me to yank all the bolts.

Snazzy! He made it work, so mission accomplished. Drilled out the angled bolt holes front and rear ports to vertical?

I doubt anyone that would be that creative yet lack the effort to do it cleaner would take the time to remove the GEP valve cover sticker off the driver side, so my vote is they are gm van heads

Is it just me or is that fuel filter made out of a tin can??? Mine always have plastic cap ..

That’s the original filter that come on all the 6.5s. You can still get the filters with the metal top just have to ask for it nowadays it seems like. The one likes yours and mine are said to be a upgraded cap but I don’t really know if it’s truly a upgrade or just cheaper to make. In order to go back to the metal cap filter you have to have the plastic nut that screws down on the FFM and most people just threw them away.

Looking back at the pictures someone has taken the plastic nut off of that filter. Must have wanted a spare

Back