• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Injector Return Hose Size?

Disturb one and break another. Replace them all.

Best is the Bosch push and lock return hose. No clamps, no leaks, resists heat. See a diesel shop, possibly ebay.

In a pinch, napa has a cheap set of return lines and clamps. But they don't take heat well, but work in a pinch.

IIRC, 1/8", relatively small.

Make sure you get fuel rated hose like viton (not cheap).

x2 on if 1 is bad, the other will follow soon.

I stopped by a shop on the way home this evening. The guy said he would put them on cheap but would have to wait for the turbo to cool off so he just gave me some line instead. Cool guy. Prefers working on frd 6.0L though?? I think they make him $$.

Disturb one and break another. Replace them all.

Best is the Bosch push and lock return hose. No clamps, no leaks, resists heat. See a diesel shop, possibly ebay.

In a pinch, napa has a cheap set of return lines and clamps. But they don't take heat well, but work in a pinch.

Do Not buy the Napa kit. It's a re-branded dorman, and the lines are not diesel rated. Why they aren't diesel rated i don't know, but i can't see any other reason they fell apart from the inside out. I bought them, and they rotted away in less than 3 months, and 5,000 miles. At first it started with dry cracks, then they went to pissing fuel everywhere shortly afterwards. Total waste and total junk!

Go with Tygon and make your own lines. I believe the lines are 5/32" diameter, but i don't remember. The Tygon lines were an idea i had in a pinch, well actually the small engine repair shop guy had(because it was all he stocked), and proved to work like a dream. If Tygon can take the heat of a 2 stroke chain saw and a solvent like gasoline it can take a lubricant like diesel just fine.

Do Not buy the Napa kit. It's a re-branded dorman, and the lines are not diesel rated. Why they aren't diesel rated i don't know, but i can't see any other reason they fell apart from the inside out. I bought them, and they rotted away in less than 3 months, and 5,000 miles. At first it started with dry cracks, then they went to pissing fuel everywhere shortly afterwards. Total waste and total junk!

Go with Tygon and make your own lines. I believe the lines are 5/32" diameter, but i don't remember. The Tygon lines were an idea i had in a pinch, well actually the small engine repair shop guy had(because it was all he stocked), and proved to work like a dream. If Tygon can take the heat of a 2 stroke chain saw and a solvent like gasoline it can take a lubricant like diesel just fine.

x2 was going to post the same thing.

Negative on the clamps. The tygon is a very tight fit, to the point where you need a lubricant, like silicone spray, to get it onto the injector barbs for the first time.

Like I said, in a pinch they are an option.

If your peeing fuel, they are cheap enough to get to you around until the good stuff comes in!

I tried them once, in a pinch. they lasted 3 months!

Now I keep a stock of the Bosch return line, just in case.

Btw, the Tygon tubing, LP1000, used for small engines (EPA and CARB approved use), is only rated for 180F.
Watch the turbo side installations. http://www.tygon.com/news_detail.aspx?id=195450

Where is best place to get the good return line material? Is the stuff Chief915 pointed to on Ebay the Bosch line? I think I will go ahead and get some since I am sure to need more before too long anyway. Either replacing injectors, or fixing leaks....

Where is best place to get the good return line material? Is the stuff Chief915 pointed to on Ebay the Bosch line? I think I will go ahead and get some since I am sure to need more before too long anyway. Either replacing injectors, or fixing leaks....

I checked the ebay link, looks right.

I've always gotten mine from a local diesel shop. In google searching, I could not find bosch fuel line. But German made, mercedes, or braided push on line.

Back