• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Injector flush

SFC Cobb

Jesus Freak
Reaction score
I was at the dealer a couple of weeks ago because I thought I had an injector issue with all the white smoke. Turn out to be head gaskets.
While discussing the injector issue they told me about a new flushing method for the injectors that is turning out to be effective. They said they have done several and have been able to get the pressures back up to factory spec.

I asked if this was a factory flush method and they said it was something like BG or some other initials with a B as the first one.

I was going to let them do it but the injectors turned out to be in spec and were OK.

Have any of you heard anything about this?

never heard of it, but did they charge you for it?? If so I think its a scam.

Never heard of and injector "flush" on a Duramax.:noidea:

The only thing I know that you can do to them is an additive in the fuel and thats aftermarket, nothing GM endorsed that i have ever heard of.

I cant see flushing helping. Maybe with the ball seat eroision but not cracked bodies

never heard of it, but did they charge you for it?? If so I think its a scam.

No they didn't do it nor charge for it. It turned out that the head gaskets were leaking coolant. #6 cyl for sure. Not real sure what the right side was doing. The mech said there was evidence of an oil leak.

Back