• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

In the process

I am not familiar with the bell housing bolt pattern on the LS engines, but, if it is the same as the old cast iron V8s and six cylinder engines then not. No adaptors is needed.
Just be sure that You have the proper torque convertor and flex plate to match the LS engine.

Welcome to the forum James. There is a bunch of generations old ranchers over here named Coffee. Mostly southward of here out in the more mountainous region along the Tongue River Road.

Welcome to the forum @Jamesgcoffey65

what engine are you working with? iirc most of them that year range were the same bolt pattern but the gasser LS motors might be different. now for the 350 (5.7L) , 305 (5.0L), and the 6.5 diesels are all the same pattern only some used a center top bolt where others didn't but will still bolt up.

I think it should work. my good friend has a 03 box truck that has a 6.0 with a 4l80e. You will need to transfer the ECM and harness with the engine and need the harness for the trans too connectors could possibly be different between the years. @THEFERMANATOR can tell you everything and anything you want to know between the two year differences.

those 6.0 GM engines are a beast when it comes to power!! my friends box truck has a bad engine and only runs on 5 cylinders but in a 1 ton dually express van chassis it can still burn rubber running as bad as it does!!

Back