• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

I saw the light....

Clark20ry

Agent #58 OB-DII A(ALCU)
Reaction score
Well it was bound to happen. I was coming out of Payson Arizona heading to Greer to go camping. Coming down a mountain pass and then flash, flash, flash... :cuss:

Photo-radar..... :cuss:

I am so mad... I am usually very good going through small towns. This is a crappy setup.. Its one of those 55-45-55-45 mph towns while coming down a hill it changes to 45 quickly. I was coming down from 55 I was around 53 mph when lights go off. There is no signs saying photo-radar and they are painted brown to match the landscape... WTH!!!!! I guess this is a big pain with the locals...

Hey got an idea send them a picture of the money instead of the real thing lol.Sorry to hear this happened to you they were gonna station those things in our little city but the public wouldn't let it happen(raised a lot of hell) so they are gone now.

Well it was bound to happen. I was coming out of Payson Arizona heading to Greer to go camping. Coming down a mountain pass and then flash, flash, flash... :cuss:

Photo-radar..... :cuss:

I am so mad... I am usually very good going through small towns. This is a crappy setup.. Its one of those 55-45-55-45 mph towns while coming down a hill it changes to 45 quickly. I was coming down from 55 I was around 53 mph when lights go off. There is no signs saying photo-radar and they are painted brown to match the landscape... WTH!!!!! I guess this is a big pain with the locals...

Read this, it's for people that live in AZ...You might be able to get outta the ticket.

http://www.tucsonweekly.com/gbase/Currents/Content?oid=oid:94553

Thanks for the advise. i am going to get one of those license plate covers. I hate them things. It really pisses me off because I was in the process of slowing. I am not one of those jammers who nail the brakes at a limit change. I usually just slow down with the cruise control... I will figure out how to fight it....

):
Hey got an idea send them a picture of the money instead of the real thing lol.Sorry to hear this happened to you they were gonna station those things in our little city but the public wouldn't let it happen(raised a lot of hell) so they are gone now.

):h that would be funny as hell

They don't work

Thanks for the advise. i am going to get one of those license plate covers. I hate them things. It really pisses me off because I was in the process of slowing. I am not one of those jammers who nail the brakes at a limit change. I usually just slow down with the cruise control... I will figure out how to fight it....

I saw a show ( I think it was on discovery(????...Myth Busters They proved that they do Not Work

I know here in Colorado they have to post there is photo setup in the area. It have to be in the open. See if you can fight it.
Here though it is a small fee and it is no points on your DL so it is not all bad either

someone had a thread on dp........ .300 winmag when you about 350 yards out. no more problems... :D

I saw a show ( I think it was on discovery(????...Myth Busters They proved that they do Not Work

Yeah, I remember that one. That was for the radar defliction, they were trying to prove that if you have one of those covers on the front of your plate and the cop aims this radar at you lisence plate, the cover was supposed to bounce the radar and give them no reading.

I wonder in the case of a photo, if they might work. I know that if you are not looking at them from a pretty good stright on angle, they are tough to make out the plate. Maybe those things will beat a camera.

Yeah, I remember that one. That was for the radar defliction, they were trying to prove that if you have one of those covers on the front of your plate and the cop aims this radar at you lisence plate, the cover was supposed to bounce the radar and give them no reading.

I wonder in the case of a photo, if they might work. I know that if you are not looking at them from a pretty good stright on angle, they are tough to make out the plate. Maybe those things will beat a camera.

they can't be that expensive. Couldn't hurt to try...

Star valley right? there is photo radar coming into town from both sides, but I hate to tell you there are signs posted. Good luck.

They'll just send you back a pic of handcuffs!):h

Star valley right? there is photo radar coming into town from both sides, but I hate to tell you there are signs posted. Good luck.

I only saw the sign going into Star Valley heading towards Phoenix. I got nailed coming into Star Valley headed towards Show Low....

Well I wasn't the only one. My friend and his family were right behind me and they also got a ticket but they never saw light go off....

Just goes to show how little some people pay attention, no way to get a photo ticket without the light going off, obviously you saw the flash.

I know my friend is a pilot and he says when he comes into Scottsdale airport at night he says he can see the flashes of light on the north 101.

Back