• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

I am looking for an engine harness &/or part number to fit the 1996 K1500 F engine 6.

jrsavoie

Recruit
Reaction score
I am looking for an engine harness &/or part number to fit the 1996 K1500 F engine 6.5 diesel Suburban.

Any links or advice on finding the harness would be appreciated. It's the harness that runs under the intake.

Ok Ill check tomorrow, I am sure the loom is probably brittle but the clips should be ok.

Does anyone here know what the extra orange wire is for??????????
Trying to get the right to him...

My 1994 did not have the orange wire so I am assuming that is either for an S engine or any newer engine or maybe any OBDII. Just guessing but I know the 1994 with NV4500 did not have that wire.

This is going on a 1996 K1500 T engine code. Just what the hell is a T engine code? I always thought it was an F engine. Looks like an F. Runs like an F. I thought it was an F but the Vin says it's a T.

Does anyone here know what the extra orange wire is for??????????
Trying to get the right to him...

Did a little more cleaning and messing with it today.......I found a possible part number on the one with the extra wire 202629. And its a brown wire not orange. It has continuty to only one place........in the big plug upper right corner. The other harness has a plug in it...

The engine harnesses are all the same from 94 thru 2002 for side mount turbos.
98 & up have an extra wire that your 94 will not use, so any harness will work in your case.

Don't put it back under the manifold, It will work just fine on the pass. side of the intake and will be easy to get to and won't get cooked and oil soaked.

Messages I got elsewhere

Back