• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

HYBRID 47/48RE FOR CUMMINS APPLICATION

FellowTraveler

Reaction score
Been a little busy lately but playing catch up on this transmission build.

Today I figured what would work best and keep my 5 deg down front to back engine trans and found the 700r4 trans mount just right on the OD 4x4 Extension Housing. Here are some images of the OD 2wd unit next to the 4x4 unit. The OD 4x4 OD brake has 7 ALTO clutches w/ premium steels while the OD direct has 10 ALTO clutches w/premium steels and steel 6 pinion planet.IMG_0038.JPGIMG_0040.JPGIMG_0041.JPGIMG_0042.JPG
It looks like; I may not even have to move the torsion bar x-member from the stock location.

FellowTraveler

Reaction score
It's been awhile since I posted on this topic, since lots of billet to include a billet 48RE hybrid valve body conversion I have a lot of $$$$ in parts and time in this hybrid build. The custom trans controller I will use the Dodge 4x4 O/D unit speed sensor for all settings however; there is a TPS option if I need it and the NP241c speed sensor will be for the speedo & ABS.
DSC01883.JPG

Attachments

FellowTraveler

Reaction score
Some more images of the billet hybrid 47/48RE valve body w/48RE conversion kit & w/200 psi pressure sensor and every Sonnax mod that fits the unit. TransGo has announced they are releasing a total tune kit for the 47/48RE series. OH, that pressure control solenoid is GM and much better than any Dodge unit.....

Attachments