• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hummer H1 Humvee HMMWV Center mount ATT

Burning oil

LeroyDiesel.com
Vendor
Reaction score
Been gathering parts for this and finally posting a couple pics.
Im trying to reuse all that I can to keep costs lower, fab time less and ability to source parts.
The Humvee NA models have side mount style heads and the turbo versions were center mount. Im going to make a kit for both.
I leave for 10 days on the 7th so will have no activity on the build then. Will still have email so will be checking in.
Basically the plan is to flip the intakes around to hopefully give more space to fit the large ATT. A custom crossover will be needed.
My Turbo Boost Bolt can be installed but you will need to drill a tiny hole to connect the inner intake to the bolt hole. Looks like any of the holes could be used.
At this point don't really have much else to add, enjoy the pictures
DSCF1341.jpgDSCF1342.jpgDSCF1343.jpgDSCF1344.jpgDSCF1345.jpgDSCF1346.jpgDSCF1348.jpg

OH and Im looking for a center mount bare block. Don't care if its scrap iron. Willing to pay shipping if reasonable.

Is there room for db2 throttle and cruise cables? Ds4 looks like no problem there.

Connecting to the center airhorn is the part that stopped me in the beginning - I figured easier to chop it in half and just use hoses. Can't wait to see your solution. It's like a Rubik's cube I didn't have time to solve now seeing it happen.

Is there room for db2 throttle and cruise cables? Ds4 looks like no problem there.

Connecting to the center airhorn is the part that stopped me in the beginning - I figured easier to chop it in half and just use hoses. Can't wait to see your solution. It's like a Rubik's cube I didn't have time to solve now seeing it happen.
Pretty sure the cables will fit no problem. I'll confirm it.
What kind of hood clearance ya figure to have in un-lifted truck, looks kinda tall...

Plan to keep the exhaust rapped around the rear of heads??
Remember this is for the Hummer platform.There is clearance on them, but may run into other obstacles?
I do plan to keep as much of the stock intakes/exhaust as I can, at least thats the plan. I want people to be able to use most of what they have.
All these plans may change though, right now I'm in parts gathering stage. Once I can get dirty I'll know more. I would like to build a universal mount so people could run most any turbo.

Had to go confirm. Plenty of room for cables. Also this crossover will not be the one I use anyway so clearance can be made to order.DSCF1350.jpg

OK thought it was for trucks....

Trucks have virtually no room behind the heads for the exhaust plumbing without a body lift. I think there is like an 1 1/2" worth of room back there if you're lucky. The pipes would have to go over the valve covers. Maybe Leroy will do that next [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah, I see you questioned that a few posts ago now. Helps if I read everything before I open my mouth...errrrr type with my fingers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And round tubing would not be required, for more space rectangle could be used to conserve space for the piping...

Yes, round is best but not required in forced induction...

For pick ups, if you can't fit pipes behind head, I don't think you can fit turbo back there. My tiny GM6 sticks back farther than the up pipes. That's why I made the comment of a doghouse cover for pickups.

Anyone ever work on the 90ish full size Bronco? It had a plate and was very nice to reach back there. Best mod for those with the hotrod guys was to cut the carpet piece out slightly larger than the removable plate and replace it with one an inch longer so it just laid over the seam.

There are larger up pipes available without the accordion that flow better also for anyone interested.

Will that is also what I want to do, use larger up pipes without the bellows thing. I was going to make my own but depending on price would just buy them.

Any further mock ups to this plan? It on my mind as my intercooler starts to take shape.
Sand

Back