• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How To Remove Your Allison

durallymax

Reaction score
Well its finally done. Just finished it up here in the last hour, adding the pictures was a pain. The file is now in PDF format, thanks to jeff for hosting it for me at the other site. just click the link and it will pop up.

I wrote it based off of my knowledge of removing the tranny on my 03 4x4. So 6spds and 2wds will differ.

Im sure there are parts of it that arent quite right or need a little fine tuning and corrections, so just let me know.

If you have any other questions post them up or PM me and ill see if I can help.

Also thanks to the guys who helped me through my build, Mike L., Brayden, Merchant, and even Trippin.

Heres the link.

http://thetruckstop.us/diy/AllisonRemove.pdf

Have fun

Last edited by a moderator:
You posted the link that actually has the ... in the middle of it, you need to get the full link in there instead.

i see one issue which will bite someone. once vehicle is set up on lift, disconnect both batteries negative side. so removal of the battery cable to the starter doesnt short. you have it written, but highlight it and bold print it if you can. it is very important.

otherwise nice write up.

Is the link down?? I cant get it says "404" not found. I need to replace another TC input shaft seal and wanted to print it off so i didnt need to do it by memory. Can you guys get to it??

It's fixed now. :)

Link is down on every site so I am working on a new write up with better detail and better pictures.

Back