• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How to remove injectors... JD 2030

Twisted Steel Performance

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.
Reaction score
Do I need a special tool to change the injectors on a JD 2030 diesel motor, I bought 4 new inj, do I need any seals or anything when I install the new ones?

How do I clean the hole they slide down in?

I have one that is leaking compression when running, the clamp is broken so I also bought new clamps also....

What else will I need to purchase along with the injectors to finish the swap....

not sure if this is the same engine but it sounds like the same style injectors also if you want a better pic pm your email

Attachments

• jd injectors 1 001.jpg
    jd injectors 1 001.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 8
  • jd injectors 2 001.jpg
    jd injectors 2 001.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 7
Thanks Les, found the cleaning tool online... 170$ + the ride.... Wonder if a rifle bore brush would work, the holes around them aren't very dirty?? I found a tip on a tractor forum that said might loosen the clamp bolt and turn it over and maybe the compression might blow them loose??

I used a narrow blade wood chisel to scrape the inj seat clean and hit the starter to blow the carbon out.
You can use a plumber brush to clean the bore.
An injector puller/slide hammer can be made from a fitting nut, a long bolt and a piston pin for the slide weight.

Back