• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How much school learning you got?

• My high school diploma was pretty much a gift for showing up most of the time.

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • I made it out of High School OK but didn't go further.

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • I went to Vocational, Trade or Technical school and got a Diploma in some skill.

Votes: 15 26.3%
  • I joined the military out of HS and went to a military tech school.

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • I went to a Community or Junior college and have a associates degree (60+ hours)

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • I have a baccalaureate (4 year 120+ hours) degree in something. So I'm smarter than I look.

Votes: 21 36.8%
  • I have a masters or post masters degree in a thing. So I'm a smarty pants.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a doctorate in a non medical thing. So I may not be able to do it but I can teach it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am an medical doctor. No really, why is that funny?

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Other

Votes: 6 10.5%

• Total voters

CtChevy427

Still Kicking....
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
This weeks contribution by L98TPI.....

Thanks Mark....

1. My high school diploma was pretty much a gift for showing up most of the time.
2. I made it out of High School OK but didn't go further.
3. I went to Vocational, Trade or Technical school and got a Diploma in some skill.
4. joined the military out of HS and went to a military tech school. :drillsergeant:
5. I went to a Community or Junior college and have a associates degree (60+ hours)
6. I have a baccalaureate (4 year 120+ hours) degree in something. So I'm smarter than I look.
7. I have a masters or post masters degree in a thing. So I'm a smarty pants.
8. I have a doctorate in a non medical thing. So I may not be able to do it but I can teach it.
9. I am an medical doctor. No really, why is that funny?
10. Other

Then please post what degree(s)/diplomas/certifications you have and how/when/where you got them.

Other situation? Pick the closest and then explain in a post.

This is a multiple choice poll.

Always looking for poll ideas post them HERE or send me a PM.......

Numbers 1, 4, and 5 explain me pretty well. :agreed:

Joining the Military was and is the best thing I could have ever done.

Now here I am with 4 months shy of 19 years. :thumbsup:

It took me 14 years but, I do have a general studies associate degree.

Just got done with my BS in Civil Engineering yesterday. Hopefully I will get good news soon about passing my EIT certification. Supposed to be taking the Fundimentals of Surveying exam this fall too.

Vocational HS (machine shop), summer HS program 3 years running (automotive repair), military (Navy gunner's mate - EOD tech), post military correspondence school (1st Class FCC RT&T lic), college (B.S. Comp Sci & A.A.S. E.E.), post college (EMT training, EVOC, EVOC instructors course, various FEMA courses)

I gots me some edjumacation I guess. :D

Elementory and 4 years useless AG school.
Most of what i know i thought myself,...it ain't much.:rolleyes5:

But enough to get me by in this world:agreed:

I am like Silveradoman. 6 years of college with a B.s. n Animal Science and Vet Science with a minor n Sociology. Deviant Sociology to b exact! LOL Thats why I fit n so well with yall!!!!!

I have to laugh because I came in to see what new posts were in this thread and my phone calender went off to remind me I have a class to attend tomorrow night.

BS degree plus a number of peace officer certificates. Can't say any of it made me smarter. Some....maybe most.... of my smarts I think I gained despite going to school.

I don't think degrees makes one intelligent necessarily. The main commonality of "organized education" I think is it teaches a common language, communication skill set, and reference system so you can easier and more precisely communicate ideas and technicals with your peers.

Unfortunately lots of stuff gets lost in translation sometimes.

Bachelor's in mechanical engineering, Tech school associates in industrial maintance. Truck driving school certificate. A few certificates for short courses in stuff I forgot and/or don't use anymore.

Last edited:
High school, US Navy and some courses here and there that I needed as I went along my (sometimes not so) merry way through life as a mechanic, p.t. farmer and mech design engineer. Mostly I went to the school that taught me to recognize an opportunity that was presented to me and don't live with regret for the ones I might have missed. The best learned value? "Hard work is it's own reward".

I don't like to talk about it too much so I'll just say; trade schools, University, Military and a bunch of other stuff along the way.

That's all just the jumping off point though.

It's what you do with it all that matters.....

I done get thhrew hi school. Thats it.

With the career I've had as a printer, I've done alright. Any more schoolin and I would have to move away from my home town in order to find a job. I love living in my small (3500 pop) prairie town. I don't think I'd change things if I had the chance.

BS in Information Systems.. would love to go back and get my Masters.

Back