• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hill Start Assist Recall

The idea is neat, but I think would be more useful with a manual tranny. With an automatic, 2 pedals...2 feet. Seems simple enough to me, one foot on each.

I suppose it would be helpful on a steep hill if you were tugging 15k or so but otherwise, what's the point?:dunno:

What happened to the days of being a "good driver?" Seems the automakers are trying to make the trucks drive themselves. There is a skill to being a good driver. ;)

Especially since GM doesn't even use manual transmissions in there trucks anymore. Great. One more thing to fail on these trucks.

My favorite is still the Volvo automatic parallel parking and traffic safety.

"Don't worry, you don't have to actually pay attention to the road anymore. The car will stop itself!"

"What do you mean I have to park the car??? My Volvo does it for me!"

Honestly. Its only a matter of a few years before the automakers announce some fancy laser guidance system that detects location, road maps, and vehicle traffic so that the car will literally drive itself. Some idiot in the federal givernment like Obumer will like it and want to make it federally mandated that all passenger cars are required to drive themselves.

Don't worry everybody... its for your own SAFETY:mad2:

Back