• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Highest Quality nerf bars for GMT800?

GM Guy

Manual Trans. 2WD Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all,

I am looking for a set of Nerf bars/ tube steps for the 06 C3500 Reg. cab.

What is the best quality? I would prefer to make this purchase once.

I am probably looking for either stainless or a high quality chrome.

I think I am only going to like the traditional looking 4 inch ones, I dont want the big lungers.

Is Westin the best? What about Lund? Any suggestions appreciated!

I have the Stainless Nasta Step Bars on my 2006 2500HD, so far they look like the are holding up very well.

If I had my choice I would have a wider step bar.

I went through a couple sets of the black Westin ovals before I bit the bullet and bought Westin stainless and chrome plated ovals. They are holding up great.

I had the stock black tubes on my 06 dually. Did great. But I’m in California so rust isn’t really an issue. I was trying to find frame mounted steps to fit the Yukon and finally found Westin has a set that mimics the oem ones I had on the dually. I haven’t had them very long obviously but the quality seems nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Westin Sure-Grip Running boards have been on Patch 7 years. Think about the tubes and the ease you can slip between it and the truck. Likely fall from said slip and break something with your foot/leg caught between... Some designs (not all) are plain dangerous. Keep this danger in mind when selecting a step vs. cost.

Don't waste your time on anything chrome. They'll rust, period. Nerf bars take a beating from road debris and in a few short years, the "return" tube toward the rear that goes back into the chassis will look like it's been sandblasted. Stainless or nothing.

I'm not sure who makes the best, but Putco seems to make good products, although I've never owned anything from them.

The bars on my '95 were custom made from a guy I knew in Quebec. They bolt straight to the frame and still look good after all these years - stainless, of course.

Keep them waxed and they'll never rust, if stainless.

Back