• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hi there, I'm new to this diesel trucks q

Mortero3328

Reaction score
I got this 1994 sierra diesel and the engine blew out few months ago so now it's in the shop, they are rebuilding the engine, my questionis if you guys have any recommendations ??20180303_082609.jpgreceived_994167067408945.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome To the Truck Stop. Truck is pretty clean. The guys here will be able to give you plenty of good tips and advice. I made your pictures full size for you.

Welcome.
Hopefully the shop you’re using know the quirks of this engine.
Depending on use, budget, damage, etc. is what recommendations would be.
Most gm blocks are not worth having machine work done to them. Let us know what they find and the other info, then we could give recommendations

Welcome.
Hopefully the shop you’re using know the quirks of this engine.
Depending on use, budget, damage, etc. is what recommendations would be.
Most gm blocks are not worth having machine work done to them. Let us know what they find and the other info, then we could give recommendations
Thank you and i will let you know all the details about this proyect

Before they start make sure they check for cracks. Above and beyond the "maybe" of gas engines the odds are very good your engine is cracked somewhere. Heads, block, main webs...

They still make new engines for your truck that can be a better deal the $rebuilding$ the crack prone GM iron. Ballpark new Optimizer longblock $7250 from a site vendors (Lerory Diesel) site.

Military surplus take out engines are also a cost effective way to get back on the road. ~$3500 for take out 6.5.

Welcome to the site! We're a friendly, no attitude group dedicated to keeping 6.5/6.2's alive, running and performing as good as or better than new. Keep us updated on the progress and what your shop finds once they get it opened up and we'll steer you in the right direction to achieving reliability and performance.

Welcome to the site! We're a friendly, no attitude group dedicated to keeping 6.5/6.2's alive, running and performing as good as or better than new. Keep us updated on the progress and what your shop finds once they get it opened up and we'll steer you in the right direction to achieving reliability and performance.
Thank you, i will let you know all the details with this project

What do you mean "blew out" - what happened ?? Aside from who ever is doing this - should be knowledgeable and check for cracks, what are they doing specifically to rebuild it ??

There are some details to rebuilding a 6.5 that make a lot of difference

Back