• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hi I have a 04 suburban 2wd 1500

Deedee365

Reaction score
Hi this is my baby right here she has minor issues. Sometimes but often frequently now the heat In the back goes on and off when I have it on and want it to stay on it want, also while the thermostat is on out of no where the heat will just kick on. When I press the brakes it feels like it pushes back at me sometimes also has a light ticking noise only while in park

Attachments

• 60CC9820-7D37-4FF9-BFCB-21DB582EB302.jpeg
    60CC9820-7D37-4FF9-BFCB-21DB582EB302.jpeg
    213.8 KB · Views: 4
Hello DeeDee, welcome to the truck stop.
I am not at all familiar with the 04 model year units so I probably can not be of much help.
One thing I do know is the 08 Malibu, on the heat controls has an automatic mode, set the temp and the fan will kick on and off to maintain the desired temp, thermostat will work to keep the temp even too.
If the road conditions are not the greatest and coming to a fairly quick stop, if one or more tires is turning slower than the rest of the tires, the anti lock brake system will engage and make the pedal feel like it is pushing back, and, vibrating too, its just how they roll. LOL

Actuators for the hvac are a known issue on the 03-07 classic models. GM used lithium grease in them instead of dialectric, over time lithium grease hardens, and it stops the position sensor from sending a signal. When it loses the signal, they default to full hot normally. You can replace the actuators, but I've had luck with taking them apart, cleaning them with electrical cleaner, and putting dialectric grease back in them. As to the tapping, it's probably lifters. Even my older 5.7l vortec has lifter noise at idle.

Back