• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hey there everybody another new guy to find the site.

Dakotadave65

Reaction score
Well like it says I stumbled upon this site by trying to find out some info on the lifespan of the Duramax based on reality lol. I need a used 4door pickup because of the kids attached to the woman I find myself attached to. My other truck was fine when I was single (1977 GMC High Serria 4x4 on 12.5x10x15). I’m the third owner and I have the build sheet and it has factory ac and a PTO off the front diff.

But I’m pushing 500mi a week to and from work and I did drive long haul for 6 years so I’m not unfamiliar with diesel. I’m pretty sure that it’s keeping the system clean and injection and glow plugs replaced then miles are not really the issue.

Welcome.
It helps to fill out your signature line with truck details.
Yes, clean fuel is always worth the investment of improved filtering and water separation.
Quality engine oil and filter makes a big difference in getting higher mileage out of diesels.

Back