• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Help with engine cast # and year

Not sure if that is the date code. Looks like the casting code off the drivers side near the bell housing. Is there a number on the passenger side in the same spot?? That would be the date code. For example on my engine it says 1255506 on the d side meaning its a 506 casting (last 3 letters) and on the pas side it says H296 whitch is equal to August 29 1996.

These are the #s my customer sent to me from Africa for parts match up -"The block number is 2552929 and engine number 5C5L0424 or 5G5L0424",
He should be sending pics today. The engine doe's have a mechanical fuel pump. Will post pics when I get them.
Thanks

Not sure if that is the date code. Looks like the casting code off the drivers side near the bell housing. Is there a number on the passenger side in the same spot?? That would be the date code. For example on my engine it says 1255506 on the d side meaning its a 506 casting (last 3 letters) and on the pas side it says H296 whitch is equal to August 29 1996.

Correct that is from the drivers side.

Back