• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Help, my camper is overrun by moths

Acesneights1

Reaction score
Damn thing is infested. I killed atleast 50 hand to hand. I set off two bombs and thought I got them but more showed up last night. I can't tell what kind but I definitely believe they were already in the camper. Possibly indian meal moths ?

what color? my shed was littered with them last year and a few fly papers helped alot. i had some spray but it did not do anything.

what color? my shed was littered with them last year and a few fly papers helped alot. i had some spray but it did not do anything.

I "think" they are pantry moths. I spoke to an exterminator today. They said pretty much what you guys said. There is a nest somewhere that they are feeding on. Moth traps will work but more will keep hatching. Problem is my camper has ducted heat and a/c so the nest could be in the ducts which would be difficult to access. This is going to be a nightmare.:eek::mad2:

did he say mothballs will work or not?

From what I have read aside from the smell, Moth Balls are poisonus to humans as well and not recommended. Exterminator was very honest(imagiine that ??) and said the only real way to get rid of them for good is find the nest. Otherwise, live with them and use traps.

There is probably some birdseed stored by a red squirrel or something. Look around the outside for any points of entry and follow them to the nest. Seeds are great for moths to lay eggs in. When the eggs hatch, the fun starts.

I put the pherinome traps in there for now till I can investigate where the nest is but I got a feeling it's in the duct work which would be a nightmare to expose.

Back